Location and Job Title:
Resettlement Case Manager, Russian and Ukrainian
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Leslie Kraut at LKraut@commonpointqueens.org
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
- Commonpoint Queens seeks a Resettlement Case Manager, Russian & Ukrainian to provide initial
- resettlement, integration and other social inclusion services to refugees and humanitarian migrants
- from across the globe through the Reception & Placement (R & P), Afghan Placement & Assistance
- (APA), Matching Grant (MG) and New York State Enhanced Services to Refugees (NYSESRP) programs.
- While this position will have special language capacity to serve refugee clients from former Soviet
- Union countries, this position will provide core services to any of HIAS New Yorks diverse pool of
- humanitarian migrant clients in compliance with the requirements of the U.S. State Department
- Bureau of Population, Refugees & Migration (PRM). As Commonpoint Queens gradually returns to in-person
- services, the Resettlement Case Manager, Russian & Ukrainian follows strict COVID-19 safety
- protocols to protect clients, staff, volunteers and other partners.
- Note, this is a full-time position based in New York, New York. Russian fluency is required, and
- Ukrainian fluency is strongly preferred.
- Undergoes intensive training with Commonpoint Queens staff on R&P, APA, MG and NYSESRP program requirements, core services, case management procedures and protocols, and case management data systems.
- Combines in-person and remote service delivery formats as mandated by PRM and Commonpoint Queens.,and as approved by Commonpoint Queens supervisors to ensure safe and effective resettlement of new arrivals.
- Establishes and maintains contact with U.S. ties of assigned cases, if applicable.
- Facilitates search for appropriate temporary or permanent housing for new arrivals;collaborates with internal and external partners to secure housing.
- Conducts pre-arrival home inspection to ensure that appropriate housing and all requiredfurniture and household items are available to refugees upon arrival.
- Coordinates and ensures clients airport pick-up, availability of seasonal clothing and footwear, transportation to housing in compliance with traffic laws, culturally appropriate meal and sufficient food supplies upon arrival.
- Conducts post-arrival home visits to confirm clients well-being, address urgent issues and provide house and personal safety orientation.
- Conducts intake interviews with clients within five days of arrival.
- Ensures timely and appropriate disbursement of R&P or APA per capita funds to assigned cases, including pocket money.
- Assists clients with applications for (as applicable for eligible individuals) social security cards,
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Cash Assistance, WIC or other services.
- Facilitates timely enrollment of adult case members in English language programs and employment services, as appropriate.
- Facilitates school enrollment of school-age children.
- Assists clients in accessing health services and attending health screenings.
- Assists with printing out USCIS I-94 Arrival/Departure Forms, completion of AR-11, Change of Address forms, registration with the selective service and accessing legal services, as applicable.
- Provides Cultural Orientation (CO) on specific topics before the end of the service period.
- Conducts second post-arrival home visit within 30 days of arrival, and conducts additional home visits if needed.
- Conducts exit interviews to assess the success of services and receives feedback from clients.
- Facilitates timely client participation in Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) procedures (surveys and focus groups) as needed.
- Completes all required case management forms and compiles required case file documentation, including detailed case notes, in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates HOME (Host Organization Model of Engagement) resettlement by providing core R&P services to refugee families resettled through partnerships with host organizations (congregations and other groups); guides HOME volunteers as they welcome refugees to their communities and support Commonpoint Queens work.
- Submits Lautenberg program family reunification applications, or Affidavits of Relationship
- (AORs), by communicating with U.S. familial ties and preparing pre-case documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, International Relations or
- related field required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Ukrainian fluency is required, and Russian fluency is strongly preferred.
- Previous case management or human service delivery work required; familiarity with U.S.
- Refugee Admission Program and refugee and/or immigrant social services preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive as a member of a fast-paced, culturally diverse team.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task several urgent projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in trauma-informed, client-centered case management.
- Lived experience as an immigrant, refugee, asylee and/or asylum-seeker highly valued.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
$45,000 - $55,000
Commonpoint Queens is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity,
accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees
from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and
across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+
community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all
encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision,
mission and values.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of Commonpoint Queens. Our workplace culture is hard-working, supportive, collaborative, and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Commonpoint Queens means working somewhere full of dedicated, experienced, diverse people who care deeply about supporting our community.
Youll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment with an excellent benefits package. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, make a true difference, and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program