Location and Job Title:
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
This is an hourly, Part-Time position.
Available shifts: Monday-Friday 5-9am, Monday-Thursday 4-7pm, Saturday 6:30-10am and 3-7pm, Sunday 4-8:30.
- Ensure safety in and around the pool area at all times Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures
- Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee's certifications
- Maintain pool area so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members
- Attend training or staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain appropriate certifications
- Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the JCC
Lifeguard candidates MUST HAVE CURRENT certifications in:
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and AED.
The Aquatics department of the Jewish Community Center in Newton has immediate openings for Lifeguards.