Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Teacher
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
- Provide a warm, safe, and caring environment for students to grow, learn and explore.
- Effectively supervise, interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Implement developmentally appropriate and challenging educational curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans based on hands-on learning.
- Provide pedagogical support to families.
- Work in team environment in partnership with teachers, teacher assistants, student teachers, substitutes and volunteers.
- BA in Early Childhood/ MS in Education is preferred
- New York State Certification in Early Childhood
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English required, bilingual in Russian preferred
A vibrant not for profit Jewish community center, settlement house and socialservice agency, the Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton -Manhattan Beach, Inc. provides a full array of cultural, educational, wellness, immigrant and human social services for people of all ages year-round.Our high quality educational programs provide a safe, nurturing, and child-centered learning environment and designed for children ages 2-5 years old. To learn more about the Shorefront Y, please visit www.shorefronty.org.