Location and Job Title:
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
The toddler teacher is responsible for providing a loving and nurturing environment and developing and implementing activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun.The toddler teacher must be able to work with children ages 12-24 months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and orderly and safe classroom environment;
- Creates a loving, warm and nurturing environment for the children;
- Actively participates in all activities with children;
- Developing lesson plans and activities;
- Interaction to provide stimulus, growth and development;
- Maintaining accurate daily records and reports for each child;
- Communicating with parent/guardian;
- Any additional duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of infant/child development and/or early childhood education.
- Knowledge of licensing regulations in a Licensed Child Care Center;
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid;
- Ability to provide compassionate care and interaction;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually;
- Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability.
- CDA certification;
- Associates in Early Childhood Education;
- Or Bachelor's degree with at least 6 hrs of child development or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of toddler childcare experience required;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be CPR & First Aid Certified.
As a teacher at the JCC, you become a part of 100 years of serving the Indianapolis community through recreational, social, and educational programming.Extend your classroom environment by taking advantage of our 40-acre campus that includes several courtyards, woods, nature trails, and art gallery as well as inter-generational programming with the residents of Hooverwood.The ECE program provides a specialty curriculum in swimming that takes place in our indoor therapy pool and outside waterpark during the summer months.The JCC embodies a holistic approach of wellness- optimal healthy living for the mind, body and spirit not only for our members, but for the staff who serve the children and families of the Early Childhood Education program.