Location and Job Title:
Member Services Sales Coordinator (Baltimore Location)
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Park Heights Campus
Monday, Wednesday, 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sunday 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Member Services Sales Coordinator is responsible for the promotion and sales of memberships and programs to our current and potential members. The Member Services Sales Coordinator will develop relationships with prospective members, current members, and other groups in the community to grow our membership revenue.
This position is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, delivering the highest level of customer service to our members and potential members/guests, exemplifying professionalism, and ensuring adherence to the values and mission of the JCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve individual and team goals through agency sales practices including tour scheduling, executing sales, relationship building, and outreach/retention.
- Consistently offer the highest level of customer service.Our aim is to create long lasting relationships in a welcoming environment.
- Responsible for determining the needs of prospective and current members through consultative sales approach and building relationships.
- Resolve member issues in an empathetic manner.Listen-Empathize-Apologize and Fix.
- Provide information to prospective members in person, by phone, and email regarding JCC facilities and programs.
- Process membership applications, including payments, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reach out to members to renew their membership.
- Adhere to the new member on boarding processes.
- Lead facility tours.
- Utilize a lead generation system for tracking prospective members.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely (within 24 business hours), professional and courteous manner.This includes telephone, email and in person responses.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of membership sales by engaging in conversation with members and guests to retain and increase membership loyalty.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in CRM database.
- Coordinate and/or assist and participate in all member, guest, and JCC events, promotions and special projects as necessary or required.
- Call monthly declined credit card accounts for payment.
- Maintain high level of self-motivation to achieve personal goals.
- Always represent the JCC in a positive and professional manner, demonstrating the values presented in our Mission and Vision statements.
- Attend department meetings and trainings as necessary or required.
- Act in a leadership role when key staff are absent from facility.
- Assist Welcome Desk with coverage inside the building and outside at the Shapiro Rec-Park as necessary.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Follow covid protocols as outlined by the JCC and assist with checking in members including going over their paperwork/health questionnaire and taking temperatures as needed.
- PPE wear, including a face mask, must be worn by associate at all times while working.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels.May be required to work outside at times; weather may be warm, hot, and humid.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use a computer; talk and hear.The employee may also be required to reach, grab and grip with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.The employee may, at times, be required to lift, pull.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required.The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise.This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous consultative sales experience in a membership-driven organization
- Background in a hospitality and/or retail environment
- Outstanding communicator, connector, and relationship developer; possess exceptional interpersonal skills
- A positive, warm, friendly, and flexible attitude
- Very strong knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), email and internet.Ability to navigate a CRM system (Salesforce experience preferred)
- Ability and willingness to adapt to new technologies as needed
$25,000 - $35,000
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.