You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Family Engagement Coordinator Metro North - JCC Greater Boston
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you someone who loves community building and working with families? Are you welcoming, innovative, and a team player? If so, JCC Greater Boston has a unique, impactful opportunity for you. The Family Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing a variety of fun, enriching events for families with children 0-8 in communities including Cambridge, Somerville, Arlington, Lexington, Belmont, Watertown and Waltham. Jewish and secular family events are held throughout the Greater Boston area. Many are framed around Jewish culture, values and traditions. This is a 28 hour per week position.
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values – Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation -which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
- Needs assessment, program design and implementation, including pioneering new virtual and in person programs and events for parents and families with children ages 0-8. Programs will integrate Jewish values in a welcoming and inclusive context. They will align with the evolving and diverse needs of families in the designated communities.
- Strategic planning across the Family Engagement offerings in collaboration with colleagues
- Program planning and implementation includes reaching out and contracting with appropriate venues, performers, creating complementary activities and ordering and transporting any required supplies and food for the event. Develop marketing plans with Marketing Department. Create a welcoming dynamic where each participant feels seen and welcomed.
- Ensure regular communication with manager, departmental colleagues and part time staff
- Participate actively as an essential member of the Family Engagement Design & Implementation team
- Build relationships with local constituents, both Jewish and secular, with complimentary goals
- Supervise part time staff
- Develop budget plans , quarterly projections and monitor regularly
- Participation in professional development opportunities
- Support JCC Greater Boston Mission, Vision and Values. Attend JCCGB all staff meetings.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified. If you want to share your talents with wonderful families and a great team, co-creating a thriving, creative program, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skills and experience in program needs assessment, strategic planning and program design
- Able to design programs that integrate Jewish values to create meaningful, relevant joyful experiences
- Stellar project management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Takes initiative, works well both independently and as part of a team; builds positive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues
- Superb interpersonal and active listening skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with needs of families with young children
- Fluency in social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Licensed to drive and can provide own transportation
- Able to lift and carry supply boxes (may be up to 30 lbs.)
- Able to staff weekend programs (typically 3 hours/event; one to two events/month)
- Familiarity local area, Metro North Towns
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff, children and program
participants very seriously. On an ongoing basis, we align our operating
procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. In response to current
local public health situations, our practices have previously included, and in
the future may include, ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation,
hygiene, vaccination requirements and use of face coverings to promote the
health of our staff and program participants.