Location and Job Title:
Camp Create (Dance/Drama/Music) Specialist
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
Activity Specialists develop and implement educationally-rich, experiential programming at camp. As a Create specialist we expect you to run informative, fun, and energetic programs for all ages in camp.
DUTIES PRE CAMP
- Help in developing scope and sequence for neighborhood curriculum, and personalize, scale and implement lesson plans.
- Participate in training and collaborative lesson planning.
- Produce and deliver lesson plans.
DUTIES DURING CAMP
- Facilitate music/drama/dance programming with campers.
- Put together lesson plans that are age appropriate and engaging
- Advise the Neighborhood Coordinator on equipment and supply needs.
- Create and maintain a learning environment for campers.
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and safe camp environment.
- Collaborate with other specialists and Neighborhood Coordinators.
- Participate and help plan camp-wide special events.
- Assist with post camp clean up and shut down of all program spaces.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all staff, and work closely with counselor staff to ensure successful lessons/workshops
- Perform any other program or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Full-time Seasonal
- Mondays through Fridays, June 28 - August 20, including 40-45 hours of staff training in May and June
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm during the summer
- Experience teaching music/drama/dance/photography/visual arts with children
- Experience with curriculum development
- Excel at working collaboratively with others
- Sensitivity and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Camp Twelve Trails combines the best of the popular day camps of the Shames JCC on the Hudson, The Riverdale YM-YWHA, and YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood. Warm, accepting, and driven by Jewish values, Camp Twelve Trails brings together the accumulated day camp expertise and tradition of these three organizations. We draw on our collective educational, recreational, and child development experience, our values, and our rich history to give families more than we ever have before.
At Camp Twelve Trails we are dedicated to universally shared values central to Jewish life. Our proactive integration of these values into everything we do supports children of all backgrounds and helps them grow into better people. Our warm, welcoming culture fosters a vibrant camp community where we all look out for each other and take care of the world around us. Staff are central to carrying out this vision by crafting programs that are in line with our educational outcomes, beliefs, and providing positive, enthusiastic energy every day. We expect staff above all to deliver the wow