Location and Job Title:
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
The Betty and Milton Katz Jewish Community Center (Katz JCC) is seeking an executive with strong business acumen; leadership experience; and personnel management, customer service support, and fundraising skills to serve as its Executive Director . He or she will continue the mission of the organization, maintain relationships with partner agencies, and nurture and develop the local Jewish community.
The Katz JCC is seeking an executive who will build on the community's tradition of innovation, commitment and giving to help shape the future of the organization. The Executive Director must be able to strategically examine the Katz JCC's policies and structure from the standpoint of mission, community success and financial operations. The successful candidate will have the passion and ability to lead/participate in the articulation of a vision for the Katz JCC.
The Executive Director will build and nourish trusted relationships, respecting tradition while recognizing when change is needed. Inspiring trust through open and transparent interactions, the new executive will work closely with the Board, partner agencies and synagogues to drive shared goals. A strong people manager, the Executive Director will assess and develop the existing staff and promote teamwork. This professional leader will oversee a large staff creating metrics, protocols, and accountability for all. He/she will oversee staff and volunteer collaboration, enabling the organization to attract and engage new volunteers to grow into leadership roles.
The Executive Director must be an effective communicator and fundraiser. The Executive Director must ultimately drive strong fundraising success by personal engagement with identified and as of yet unidentified donors. The Executive Director reports to the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey CEO, the Katz JCC President and is accountable to the Katz JCC's Board of Directors and its Executive Committee.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume.
A highly competitive package, consisting of a base salary and a variety of incremental perks will be assembled commensurate with the successful candidate's experience.
In each of the following areas, the successful candidate will:
- Communicate a compelling vision for the Katz JCC and translate the vision and mission into objectives, strategies, activities, and deliverables in ways that capture the imagination of a broad community constituency.
Business Leadership and Management Skills
- Demonstrate confidence and proficiency in managing a membership-driven complex organization under changing conditions, applying business and fiscal skills to managing a large multi-faceted non-profit organization, including familiarity with budgeting, and profit and loss statements.
- Deploy and manage human resources effectively. Set clear objectives, emphasize accountability, and communicate effectively. Create a work environment that encourages, attracts, and retains talent.
- Balance the expectations of multiple constituencies, engaging those constituencies in an effective manner.
- Identify, lead, and manage necessary change after strategic evaluation of priorities, approaches and outcomes. Act with care and sensitivity to respect tradition while also guiding transformation.
- Lead staff in assessing and revising goals pertaining to program creativity and excellence.
- Maintain a focus on proactive planning that will identify and take advantage of, or respond to, emerging trends and needs.
- Ensure that programs are aligned with the Katz JCC's mission and community priorities.
Marketing and Communication
- Initiate and maintain a strong communications program to all constituents in the community, providing honest and transparent updates and messaging.
- Oversee the creation of overall messaging and marketing campaigns for the Katz JCC for use on the web, in print and via social media that will bring greater awareness of the objectives, activities and benefits of working with, volunteering with, and donating to the Katz JCC.
- Set the strategic direction for the Katz JCC's financial resource development activities.
- Be a successful fundraiser by engaging directly with donors and determining appropriate fundraising strategies for various donor types, including the next generation of Jewish philanthropists. Be attuned to donor interests and concerns and work closely and creatively with those individuals to fulfill their philanthropic desires and align them with the community priorities.
- Identify new donors and develop strategies to engage them.
- Bring a track record of personal successful fundraising accomplishments.
- Understands and supports the Jewish mission of the Katz JCC as a priority.
- Reputation as a community role model.
- Commitment to enhancing the awareness of Jewish culture and increasing the knowledge of Jewish traditions and customs for the membership, staff, and leadership of the Katz JCC and the community.
- Build personal and trusted relationships with members, major donors, volunteer leaders, stakeholders, federation professionals, key agency leadership and rabbinic and civic leaders.
- Articulate and demonstrate passion for the Katz JCC's mission. Serve as a dynamic spokesperson.
- Strategies to grow a membership base including ideas on outreach to unaffiliated members of our community.
- Understand the complexities of the Jewish community at home, in Israel and throughout the world.
- Possess a Bachelor's or a more advanced degree including a business degree.
- Bring proven strategic leadership and management experience, whether in the business, government, academic or non-profit sectors.
- Have a successful track record of working with a Board and understand the volunteer-professional partnership.
- Demonstrate strength of conviction and willingness to compromise, always able to bring an open mind.
- Demonstrate a proven record of collaboration and teamwork and the ability to work with multiple types of personalities.
- Demonstrate productivity, multi-tasking skills, and an understanding for maximizing efficiency.
- Possess the ability to make, execute, and communicate difficult decisions.
The Katz JCC is located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, in the heart of southern New Jersey. We are a vibrant Jewish Community, in close proximity to the Philadelphia metropolitan area, and a short drive to the Jersey shore. The Katz JCC has an outstanding staff and is the proud home of the largest Jewish day camp in the country, and a state-of-the art community campus. We are part of a functional system with the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey under which are the Katz JCC, Jewish Family and Children Services, the Voice, the Jewish community's newspaper, and the Jewish Community Relations Council all housed within our campus. Our area, which includes roughly 60,000 people identifying as Jewish, includes a broad network of thriving synagogues representing diverse choices for a rich Jewish life, Jewish day schools, and Jewish senior housing complexes.
The mission of the Katz JCC is to promote and enrich Jewish culture, heritage, values, and lives by providing outstanding educational, social, and health & wellness programs and experiences for an inclusive community of all ages, abilities, and lifestyles. Our vision is to continue to be the premiere Jewish social, cultural, recreational, and educational center that serves the South Jersey community. We strive to preserve and enrich Jewish culture, heritage, and values by providing programs and services for all ages and abilities. Specifically, the Katz JCC provides programming for wellness and fitness for all ages, child education and childcare, contemporary adult programming, an Arts Books and Culture Festival, youth fitness and sports, and many other programming activities.
For about 80 years, the Katz JCC has worked locally to build a vibrant, inclusive, and supportive Jewish community and enhancing and deepening the commitment to Jewish philanthropy. We have also worked with people and partners across the globe to nurture Jewish life and learning, help those in need and build connections with Israel and Jews around the world.
The Katz JCC has a revenue stream of approximately sixteen million dollars which comprises membership, our JCC Camp, our Early Childhood program, other programming and fundraising. With a membership population of approximately 20,000 and a deeply committed donor and volunteer base, the Katz JCC offers a strong Jewish infrastructure. For more information, please see the Katz JCC's website: www.katzjcc.org.