Location and Job Title:
Chief Executive Officer
The JCC of Greater Buffalo - Benderson Family Building
2640 N Forest Rd
Amherst, NY 14068
The JCC of Greater Buffalo seeks a forward thinking and passionate CEO who will assume overall strategic and operational responsibility and provide leadership in the following areas:
Strategic and Visionary Leadership
- Provide strategic and visionary leadership and innovative strategies that put Jewish values at the core of a vibrant, diverse JCC of Greater Buffalo
- Build strong and lasting relationships between the JCC, other Jewish and broader community and national organizations, donors, members and other important stakeholders
- Oversee all financial matters including annual and long-term budgeting, ongoing financial performance and financial strategy
- Develop in partnership with the Finance Committee and Board a realistic budget
- Supervise and partner with the CFO to establish fiscally responsible short and long-range goals
- Use financial statements to guide and oversee agency performance and financial sustainability
- Lead, coach, develop, retain and attract a high-performance senior management team
- Establish short and long-range goals that are strategic, programmatic and fiscally responsible in keeping with the JCCs long track record of ensuring program excellence and financial sustainability
- Demonstrate knowledge about the business of the JCC, including oversight of physical plants and marketing
- Dynamic and inspirational leader capable of engaging key stakeholders and audiences of varying sizes and interests
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting partnerships with Jewish, corporate, government and other organizations
- Proven track record of fundraising success, including knowledge of and participation in: individual donor development, planned giving, grant procurement; capital campaigns; corporate sponsorship and special events
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and manage staff in multiple locations and develop high-performance teams and set and achieve strategic objectives
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with financial data to make key decisions
- Ability to develop and drive both short-and long-term strategy for the organization
- Comfort in serving as the public face of the organization; can be relied upon to deliver messages with tact, diplomacy and appropriate messaging to individuals, groups, and the media
- Appreciation and real commitment to diversity; works easily with a broad range of people across all aspects of diversity
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, committees and volunteers with the ability to cultivate existing relationships and develop new ones
- Strong familiarity with and affection for Jewish culture and practices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 7-10 years of proven experience in a leadership/management role in a JCC, non-profit, or similar agency
- BA/BS degree required; MA/MS degree preferred in Business, Public Administration, Jewish Communal Service, or Social Work
To Apply: please include a cover letter with salary requirements and resume.
Competitive salary and compensation package provided. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the JCC of Greater Buffalo never has and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.And any other basis discrimination and harassment of any kind in the workplace.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo has served a vibrant Jewish community and the larger community of Western New York for more than 70 years. The JCCs mission is to build and strengthen the Jewish and Western New York communities by providing recreational, educational, cultural and social programs and services that are consistent with Jewish values and strives to achieve its vision of building community and enriching lives every day on both of its campuses, one locatedin the bustling downtown district and one in a nearby charming suburb.
At the beginning of the millennium, community leadership developed a strategic plan to strengthen the JCC through consolidation and right-sizing and invested in both buildings with significant renovations. More than $15 million has been invested in last decade to substantially renovate both buildings and a new day camp, most recently expanding the Holland location downtown to meet the needs of an expanding professional population in the city of Buffalo.Programming at the JCC has evolved from an emphasis on social services to a focus on wellness, cultural programming, and early childhood education.