You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Pedagogista Curriculum and Instructional Support
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
Pay is commensurate with experience.
JOB TITLE: Pedagogista - Curriculum and Instructional Support
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood
OVERVIEW: The Pedagogista will individualize teacher support in the school to meet teachers where they are and co-create a plan for continuing growth in their professional journey. The Pedagogista will help teachers create, enhance and evolve developmentally appropriate plans and a warm and nurturing environment in which the teachers and students can grow physically, emotionally and intellectually. The Pedagogista will provide the same support to teachers and counselors during Camp Simchah. Additionally, the Pedagogista will supervise the afternoon program and be the Manager on Duty that closes the school at the end of the day. This position offers a competitive benefits package. The Jewish Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Individualizes teacher support and learning through collaborative goal setting and establishing plans to work towards meeting those goals.
- Provides regular ongoing feedback to teachers and teaching teams based on daily observations.
- Uses knowledge of child development and best practices to model successful early childhood strategies, techniques and lessons in the classroom.
- Delivers instructional support and coaching to all teachers.
- Promotes content, curriculum and best teaching practices in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Helps to create a culture of teaching and learning.
- Supports teachers and teaching teams in lesson planning and setting up and implementing classroom management plans and strategies.
- Provides teaching teams support with parent communication and conference report preparation.
- Helps teachers and teaching teams create and utilize observation templates to document individual student development across all areas of development.
- Visits classrooms daily to observe teachers and to encourage, guide and support the staff as well as to be familiar with each teacher's curriculum or current unit of study.
- Acts as a role model for all staff.
- Assists with onboarding and providing additional support to new teachers.
- Reads and reviews Progress Notes and Conference Reports and provides feedback to teachers.
- Meets regularly with administrative team to provide updates and feedback on teacher and classroom progress as well as teacher's progress toward their goal setting.
- Supervises and helps create NAEYC Classroom Portfolios for all age levels.
- Helps to facilitate school-wide and individual long-range plans for the school.
- Provides input and collaborates with administrative team on long-term evaluations of curriculum and assessment.
- Supports Camp Simchah counselors in the same manner as GECC Faculty throughout the school year.
- Focuses on onboarding and maintaining quality with new counselors throughout the summer.
- Serves as the PM Manager on duty throughout the year and closes the school at 6 PM.
- Oversees afternoon program and helps teachers with planning learning and projects across all afternoon classrooms.
- Supervises and works Holiday Break Program.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains positive working relationships with teachers, staff and parents.
- Preserves confidentiality of children, families and teachers in the program.
- Reacts with flexibility and sensitivity to changing situations and needs.
- Assists in keeping the school community informed about the school curriculum and instructional programs of the school.
- Prepares and maintains reports/documentation related to assigned activities.
- Attends and participates in meetings, trainings, conferences, family events as required.
- Aligns mentorship with school vision.
- Coordinates NAEYC teaching standards throughout the school.
- Ensures that program is meeting all educational licensing/NAEYC standards.
- Creates and maintains appropriate records and files.
- Organizes and prioritizes work and meet multiple deadlines.
- Communicates effectively in oral and written form.
- Reports weekly/daily to the Director on progress of specific teaching teams/classrooms.
- Assists the Director in the development and implementation of program goals.
- Performs all duties assigned by the Director.
- Serves as a member of the Early Childhood management Team.
- Provides office coverage as needed.
- Is consistent and reliable in arrival and attendance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to TOhayon@jccdallas.org
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an early childhood environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in education or related field required
- Some supervisory or mentor teacher experience preferred
Please email resume and cover letter to TOhayon@jccdallas.org
$45,000 - $55,000
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.