You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Director, Center for Arts and Culture
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Eli Schaffer at eschaffer@Stamfordjcc.org
The Stamford JCC Center for Arts and Culture seeks a capable Director to help lead the community into the future. This professional will conceptualize, design, and implement a dynamic, fun, and experiential Arts and Culture portfolio of programs and opportunities. The Director is a natural relationship builder and connector who can align programs with stakeholder passions, building grassroots interest and sustainable philanthropic support from the greater community.
- Secure strategic program sponsorships from local and regional businesses and JCC patrons of the arts, matching sponsor passions with programs engaging target attendee demographics.
- Collaborate with other professionals on advocacy and ideas for engaging new donors in the Center for Arts and Culture.
- Build the Center for Arts and Culture brand as a known leader in cultural experiences.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing to promote programs through all available channels, with a special focus on word of mouth and the Stamford JCC member network.
- Develop and grow active and engaged committees for cultural programs.
- Collaborate with the Film Festival volunteer committee to elevate festival impact and expand reach.
- Explore the creation of new committees to engage JCC Members of various interests.
- Develop cultural experiences that set the JCC apart from other membership organizations in the region.
- Bring fun to the foreground in the Arts and Culture department and
throughout the JCC.
- Secure headliner events featuring comedians, authors, public
figures, artists, and regional celebrities.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the annual Jewish Film Festival of
Fairfield County. Responsibilities include film selection, promotion &
marketing, securing sponsorships, and budget management.
Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000 with the potential for a 4-day work week.
- Proven success in curating relationships that yield sponsorship,
philanthropic, or business partnerships.
- High energy person with an entrepreneurial spirit and a flexible,
fun, creative, and collaborative disposition.
- Possess the drive to lead others while displaying professionalism,
interfacing with varying levels of professionals and networking across cultural
and ethnic groups.
- Convener with the interpersonal skills to connect people within,
and across, interest areas.
- Exceptional oral communication skills and strong written
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions and culture a plus.
- Must be available for evening and weekend events as the majority
of events take place then.
The JCC of Stamford is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by Jewish Traditions, culture, and heritage.