Location and Job Title:
Group Exercise Instructors - Mat Pilates and TRX
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
The New Orleans JCC is seeking a friendly, knowledgeable, and creative group exercise instructor. We are seeking fitness professionals who have previous teaching experience and who have a passion for making fitness fun. There is a need for instructors who have experience in any and all of the following genres - Mat Pilates and TRX
Group Exercise Instructors lead classes in a safe manner that follows the JCC's policies and guidelines. The instructor provides professional, engaging, challenging, fitness-based sessions to a wide variety of skill/physical levels.
Salary - $30 for each 50 minute class
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience teaching group fitness sessions, specifically Mat Pilates and TRX
- Must be able to demonstrate effective instruction.
- Broad range of experience, including working with seniors and athletes.
- Able to create comprehensive training programs built around clients' individual needs and goals.
- Strong awareness of anatomy and biomechanics.
- Desire to build a successful business in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Participates in mandatory staff meetings and training.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience working with participants with different ages, skill levels, and varying physical and emotional abilities.
- Works well with other staff members of the JCC using positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Lead by example; follow all NOJCC policies and procedures as defined in the NOJCC Handbook and as directed by Agency leadership.
- Basic awareness of Judaism and Jewish cultural norms and traditions
- Group fitness certification by ACE, AFAA, ACSM
- Additional Specialty Certification(s) preferred, including but not limited to: Zumba, HIGH Fitness, POUND, Pilates/Barre, TRX
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to the ability to lift light weights, bending, squatting, jumping, running, reaching, walking, hopping, spinning, and kicking.
- Must be physically fit to the level of demonstrating the movements and assisting clients and members.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. (fitness equipment) as required.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.