Location and Job Title:
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring network performance.
This is a 20-30 hour per week position.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: GED / High School Diploma required; Associate Degree in a computer related field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems) preferred
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 2 years experience in network administration required including network performance tuning, LAN knowledge, network design and implementation
- Special Skills: Aptitude for working well with office equipment and computers; proficient with the maintenance, installation and repair of computer hardware and software; proficient with Microsoft products; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; able to maintain good morale and high level of productivity; demonstrates sound professional judgment, solves problems, plans strategically and multitasks with a focus on delivering quality service; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers; able to climb ladder, sit and stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage servers - CSI Server, E-mail Server, MIP Server, File Server, Domain Controller, Backup Domain controller
- Apply security updates to operating systems; apply service patches; update software as needed
- Troubleshoot problems
- Manage workstations and network (including cabling and switches) for 3 locations (College Ave., North, New Albany)
- Manage internet connection and VPN connection
- Manage firewall
- Manage spam filter
- Manage WiFi controller and access points
- Manage phone system
- Modify users and extensions as needed
- Oversee use and maintain JCC laptop, projector, and iPad
- Oversee postage machine internet connection
- Oversee printers
- Security Camera DVR's
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Review tapes when incidents occur and report findings to CEO.
- Research, review, advise and purchase new equipment as needed
- Install software
- Install new equipment where needed
- Maintain records on all computer equipment; including locations, staff assignments, loaded software, warranties, and upgrades
- Available after hours, as necessary, for IT emergencies
- Coordinate with Business Office regarding purchases and disposals, so as to update fixed asset records
- Work with Finance Director on computer-related portions of external financial audit
- Update computer replacement plan for computers in use on and after 12/31, based on age of agency computers. Plan should span 5 years and be updated at least annually. Share with supervisor for budgeting purposes.
- PCI Compliance - check on quarterly scans schedule by outside party & update questionnaire.
- Perform monthly random computer checks. Report unusual findings to CEO.
- Remove terminated staff monthly from JCC Software to which they have access.
25,000 - 35,000
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.