Location and Job Title:
Project Director, COVID-19 Response and Recovery Unit
Edith & Carl Marks JCH of Bensonhurst
7802 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11214
The COVID-19 crisis in NYC has distinctly impacted the already vulnerable community served by the JCH
comprised of single parent households, low-income poor and near poor families, underemployed and
unemployed adults, and others. In response to the rising unemployment levels, increased mental health
needs and demand for comprehensive social service supports the JCH is launching a COVID-19
community response and recovery unit. The project director will be an experienced professional who
will be responsible for the provision of a wide range of supports focused on workforce development,
safety net and mental health services to adults impacted by the COVID-19 crisis in southern Brooklyn.
- Administrative and programmatic supervision of the Marks JCH COVID-19 Response and
- Hire, train and supervise COVID-19 Response and Recovery Unit team members including an
employment training professional, case manager, outreach coordinator, consultants and
volunteers as needed.
- Develop and supervise COVID-19 Response and Recovery Unit programs and activities; inclusive
of resources and referrals.
- Coordinate with agency partners for referrals and expansion of services; participate in
community convening's for training, networking, and advocacy.
- Oversee program outreach and communication.
- Assess community needs, develop timely responses and interventions, and conduct ongoing
- Oversee record keeping. Ensure maintenance of accurate client and activity record keeping;
oversee data collection and entry; complete statistical reporting as developed.
- Work with other Marks JCH program staff on client service and program coordination, agency
program development, and resource development.
- Supervisory experience in community-based settings.
- Experience in workforce development and job placement programs.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to issues regarding client empowerment and working with a
- diverse population.
- Computer skills using MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, importing/exporting data to/from
- applications, and demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Masters level degree (MSW, MPA, and other equivalencies)
- Bilingual Russian/English preferred.
This is a full-time position, salary commensurate with degree and experience. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply
Who We Are
The Marks JCH of Bensonhurst, known as the JCH, is a center of community life in Brooklyn, rooted in
Jewish values and fostering an inclusive environment. We help at every life stage, providing critical
services that lift people out of poverty, as well as innovative programing that educates and inspires our
community members. The Marks JCH is a full-scale human service agency, providing social services,
older adult services, resettlement support, job placement in addition to being a Jewish community
center offering children's, youth, family, and cultural programs. Marks JCH prides itself on its 360 degree
holistic service model, providing services for the whole family, meeting the needs of low and moderate income New Yorkers, specializing in helping refugees and immigrants.