Location and Job Title:
Welcome Desk Associate (Part-time)
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Seeking outgoing and friendly personalities for this important role in greeting members and guests while handling day-to-day responsibilities for ongoing programs, activities, services. In this position, you will enhance the member experience by creating a welcoming environment in which JCC members and guests obtain knowledgeable information about all JCC programs.
May be scheduled up to 20 hours per week. Part-time shifts may include:
Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM -12:30 PM
Monday - Thursday, 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Tuesdays - Thursday, 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM (with opportunity to work until 9:00 PM when programming permits)
Saturdays and Sundays, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Salary Range: $10/hour to 12/hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a high quality first impression and create a positive welcoming environment for all those who come to the JCC members, program participants, guests and staff at the JCC, in person and over the phone.
- Check in members, program participants and guests using JCC procedures.
- Be readily available in the evenings and weekends for special events.
- Provide information regarding JCC membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities in a timely and efficient manner to both customers and staff.
- Answer phones politely and professionally, redirecting all calls to the appropriate staff
- Use of our database to: process membership transactions, enter new members and make changes and updates to members' accounts with a high degree of accuracy.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Make sure the welcome desk is kept neat and tidy with all flyers and materials replenished as needed.
- Report maintenance and facilities requests to appropriate staff.
- Additional clerical duties as needed.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to providing quality customer service
- Literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to learn a membership database and good typing skills
- Competence in basic-level mathematics
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High school or community college degree
- Lead by example; follow all NOJCC policies and procedures as defined in the NOJCC Handbook and as directed by Agency leadership.
- Basic awareness of Judaism and Jewish cultural norms and traditions.
This position requires to the ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, twist; remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; move about to accomplish tasks; communicate with others to exchange information; repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers; work in an environment that noisy at times.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.