Location and Job Title:
Member Services Assistant (Part Time Position)
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Working collaboratively with the Member
Services' team, serves JCC Members by promptly responding to inquiries,
processing accounts, giving tours and assisting with full range of office
is a Part Time job less than 19 hours per week which includes weekdays, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: GED required; High School Diploma preferred
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: 1+ years experience including billing and customer service, preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Special Skills: Focused, organized, personable, diplomatic, efficient, computer literate and proficient in Word and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members, new members and prospective members
- Lead tours for new and prospective members
- Set up new memberships; complete all paperwork, including signatures
- Accurately enter data on appropriate spreadsheets
- Confirm new memberships
- Send out new member letters
- Tours for Silver Sneaker and Optum Fitness Members, setting up memberships
- Resolve members' issues when possible; ask for assistance &/or refer to appropriate co-worker or supervisor when necessary
- Process membership changes and adjustments
- Process membership renewals; update renewal month spreadsheet
- Receive payments
- Reconcile payments daily
- Assist in credit card collections: phone calls, emails
- Process membership cancellations
- Resolve Pending Folder files as needed in a timely fashion; document thoroughly and accurately
- Membership packets: make copies as necessary
- Set up guest passes for members and their guests
Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned:
- Employee memberships: Set up, cancel, status & demographic changes
- Staff name badges: accurately enter data on spreadsheet; create and distribute
- Create labels for membership files
- Send out cancellation surveys & letters monthly
- Review employee list yearly with HR list
- Check pending folders weekly & contact appropriate staff for follow up
- Send out conversion letters to 3 month members
- Sent out prospective mailers to prospective members
- Help create spreadsheets and reports as needed
- Process, set up, create monthly billing letters
- Check POS batches daily and then deliver to Business Office
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.