Location and Job Title:
Special Events Coordinator
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
The Special Events Coordinator will help manage a broad portfolio of events that support a myriad of programs and initiatives for the JCC Association, with responsibilities as follows:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Director of Conferences and Events in planning and executing events that include but not limited to board meetings, conferences, regional and local educational seminars and social events.
- Create and maintain event registrations through Cvent, tracking RSVP and guest information; including staff and speaker coordination.
- Assist with venue scouting, menu creation, invoice processing, planning timeline, sourcing of materials and other areas as applicable to the event.
- Manage a variety of logistical elements such as transportation, arrival/departure manifests and hotel rooming lists.
- Support on-site, day-of logistics; responsible for positive guest experience overseeing registration and communication and coordination with vendors such as catering, audio visual as well as event volunteers and staff.
- Work closely and collaborate with internal and external partners such as marketing, communications, caterers and hotels. Adhering to strict timelines to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of experience in events and conference planning with a demonstrated knowledge of best practices in meeting management.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is engaging, resilient and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent ability to set priorities, plan long-term and manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Cvent and Crowd Compass platform experience is required.
- Must be detail-oriented with a methodical approach to work.
- Superb analytical thinking skills to be able to assess situations and react appropriately.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required as well as capability to edit and proofread.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff, management, board members and external contacts..Excelling at relationship management, collaborating with colleagues and facilitating open communication.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, with limited travel, as needed to accommodate event schedules.
- Highly skilled at MS Office Suite, with attention in Excel.
*To Be Considered Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter*
JCC Association of North America strengthens and leads JCCs,
YM-YWHAs and camps throughout North America. As the convening organization, JCC
Association partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and
knowledge of the JCC Movement. JCC Association offers services and resources to
increase the effectiveness of JCCs as they provide community engagement and
educational, cultural, social, recreational, and Jewish identity building
programs to enhance Jewish life throughout North
America. By supporting the 25,000 Jewish communal professionals who
connect with two million JCC participants each year-JCC Association encourages
engaged lives of purpose and meaning. Learn
more at jcca.org, on Facebook and on Twitter.