Location and Job Title:
Chief Marketing & Membership Officer
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) provides marketing and brand development leadership to the organization, ensuring that the mission, strategy, and impact of the JCC is appropriately positioned in the public domain, and that the JCC's programs and services are actively and effectively marketed in order to achieve all revenue, membership and enrollment objectives. The CMO is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of all marketing, communications and brand development initiatives related to membership, programs, and other services. The CMO's primary objective is to drive qualified leads and retention strategies for the JCC's membership, programs, and services through successful marketing, using the tools of market research, product marketing, marketing communications, social media, advertising and public relations.
The CMO is a member of the executive team and will oversee all marketing efforts for each of the JCC's program centers: Center for Sports & Wellness, Center for Arts & Culture (including The Gordon Center and Gordon Outdoors), Center for Youth & Families (including Early Childhood, JKids, 4Front Teen Initiative, and JCamps). In addition, the CMO will provide communications support for all development strategies as well as agency-wide communications. The CMO will directly oversee the Marketing and Membership & Guest Services Departments including supervision of the Senior Directors of both departments.
- Senior Leadership:
- Help guide and influence overall organization strategy, goals and impact at two campuses and in the broader community.
- Set annual marketing and membership goals and objectives in conjunction with the CEO.
- Work collaboratively with Executive team and other Senior Directors to develop and execute relevant and effective marketing initiatives to support the JCC's financial, revenue and operational objectives.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and collaborate with board leadership to meet organizational goals.
- Collaborate with the network of marketing professionals at The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its network of agencies.
- Participate in agency-wide staff meetings, professional development, trainings, and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represent the JCC on a national level as well as in local business arenas.
- Strategic Oversight:
- Develop, lead, and manage the JCC membership and marketing teams.
- Cultivate a culture of effective innovation, data driven strategy and collaboration.
- Plan, develop and implement marketing plans and campaigns for diverse product lines and audiences utilizing a variety of vehicles and social media platforms.
- Set membership and marketing goals and strategies.
- Build a network of reliable external resources.
- Create and manage the JCC's marketing and membership budgets within established guidelines.
- Brand Experience:
- Ensure all organizational communication materials are on message and adhere to brand standards.
- Lead the development and implementation of an overall brand experience and marketing strategy.
- Create evaluation metrics for all campaigns and tactics.
- Market Analysis:
- Conduct and analyze market research and stay abreast of competitor positioning and activity.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding future CRM system and best practices.
- Analyze usage data to develop marketing strategies.
- Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
Required Skills, Experiences & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree required (advanced degree preferred).
- Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrated by the ability to work with internal and external leaders to craft a vision and engage others in it; impeccable character and integrity; the ability to motivate and inspire others; strong team-building skills; excellent interpersonal, relationship-development skills; and sound business judgment.
- Experience in senior-level consumer marketing management, preferably in the top or number two marketing roles, of a service-intensive, multi-faceted organization.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking acumen and strong analytical skills combined with the ability to execute a plan and allocate resources appropriately.
- Demonstrated success working in or with consumer services businesses or organizations in the areas of advertising; market research; data analytics; product development and management; strategic planning; communications and public relations; brand management; and fiscal management.
- Outstanding communication skills (written, oral, formal presentations, listening); the ability to convey a vision, position, and clear message and to inspire others to support it.
- A track-record of outstanding people management, including the ability to motivate and engage others, lead change; create a performance organization; hire and develop exceptional talent; make decisions; operate with the highest ethics and integrity; build trust and consensus; effectively delegate and empower.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community; track record of building authentic, constructive relationships with others.
- Familiarity/knowledge of Jewish community, traditions, and culture.
- Understanding of communal culture, non-profit structures, and/or faith-based organizations.
95,000 - 105,000
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.