Location and Job Title:
Camp & Youth Director
JCC of Greater Buffalo
2640 N Forest Rd
Amherst, NY 14068
The Camp & Youth Director will contribute to the vision, mission, and values of the JCC of Greater Buffalo by providing leadership, development, direction, and oversight to Camp Centerland and Kids' Place after-school with standards of excellence. As a member of the Program Department, the Camp Director will work with other members of the Program team, at the direction of the Chief Program Officer, to maximize returns on mission and investment.
- Supervise, manage and develop all operations and staff of Camp Centerland.
- Supervise the staff and youth of the Kids' Place after-school program to ensure a high quality experience for everyone.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Camp Centerland and Kids' Place, in coordination with the Chief Program Officer, executive leadership, staff, and appropriate committees.
- Create and manage year-round programming for Camp age children with the intent of cultivating a growing Camp community.
- Prepare budgets and engage in ongoing planning and business development.
- Efficiently develop Camp Centerland to maximize revenue and mission by growing participation and creating immersive experiences.
- Maintain a high level of applicable professional knowledge, including market analysis, current trends, and best practices through ongoing professional education, investigation, and development of relationships with colleagues and official entities.
- Coordinate with Advancement team and Chief Program Officer to maximize donor and grant-based fundraising opportunities and contribute to the cultivation of a culture of philanthropy.
- Coordinate with the Member Services team to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Coordinate with the Chief Facility Maintenance Officer to ensure a high level of cleanliness and appropriate maintenance of all Camp Centerland facilities.
- Coordinate with the Communications and Technology Department to ensure a high level of communication, marketing, family feedback, and effective use of technology to reduce barriers to service.
- Communicate and cooperate with colleagues, members, and lay leaders as a member of the Program Department.
- Complete additional duties assigned by the Chief Program Officer.
65,000 - 75,000
"The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo, Inc. ("JCC") is to build and strengthen the Jewish and Western New York communities by providing recreational, educational, cultural and social programs and services that are consistent with Jewish values". This vision and mission continues to be fulfilled on a daily basis at two buildings and a camp through the exemplary work performed by more than 300 regular staff members, more than 50 camp staff and dozens of volunteers every month of the year.