Location and Job Title:
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
REPORTS TO: Director of Security & Assistant Director of Security
Part-Time (Variable- must be available to work all shifts, holidays, and weekends)
Position Summary: Provides security at the MJCCA facilities.First responder to all MJCCA emergencies.Reports and investigates all incidents and injuries at the MJCCA. Enforce security policies and procedures of the security department in a community center environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain knowledge, and execute plans and procedures regarding building evacuation, weather emergencies, traffic control, crowd control, general safety, in-service training, etc.
- Patrol the building and grounds to ensure the safety and security of the occupants and contents.
- Submit necessary and required reports as needed.
- Direct traffic and maintain fire lanes clear of all vehicles.
- Check AEDs daily and log-in entry.
- Check Thorguard daily to insure unit is functioning.
- Able to arm and disarm burglar alarm system.
- Familiar with fire control panels.
- Familiar with MJCCA programs, and membership classifications.
- Assist injured person(s) and, as needed, lift and carry injured person(s) to places of safety and/or medical attention.
- Participate in the training and staff development programs.
- Coordinate departmental activities with external agencies; for example, local police and fire departments for emergencies, preventive and investigative actions.
- Coordinate departmental activities with MJCCA departments such as, Administration, Programming, Athletics, Weinstein School, and TKE purposes of safety measures, planning events, materials security, referrals, etc.
- Maintain surveillance of persons, buildings and grounds.
- Other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma required; Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have a valid GA operator's license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to obtain a licensed armed security guard certification with the Georgia Board of Private Investigators and Security Guards.
- Experience in a governmental military, law enforcement agency, or security field; preferred.
- Must possess Microsoft Office Suite skills (excel, word, outlook)
- Must have current CPR/AED certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Communications skills essential.
- Must be able to move equipment 200 ft.
- Must be able to stand or walk 80% of their shift.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. of dead weight.
- Must be able to run 100 yards.
- Must be able to work at the two sites we control.
- Must be able to wear security uniform to include duty equipment (vest and belt) weighing 20+ pounds during your shift.
- Must furnish a physician's release of physical requirements of this position, along with a satisfactory annual physical/fitness exam.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a physical fitness test.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to navigate around moving vehicles.
- Must be able to lift and carry injured persons.
- Must be able to stand for long periods throughout the day.
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (MJCCA) is a non-profit organization that has served the Atlanta community for more than 100 years. The MJCCA was ranked among the Top 100 Workplaces since 2012 by the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and is widely regarded as one of the premiere JCCs in the country. The MJCCA annually serves 12,000 members and over 55,000 people in the Atlanta community through a wide variety of innovative programs and vital services. The MJCCA provides scholarships to those in need and services to those with disabilities to ensure that every member of the community has the opportunity to benefit from our programs. The MJCCA embraces people of all ages, races, denominations, affiliations, and abilities.
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.