Location and Job Title:
Personal Trainer, Part-Time
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Passionate, hungry and eager to change lives through exercise and coaching!
The JCC Personal Trainer will provide a fantastic fitness service by providing effective, safe, engaging workouts/programs for the client/member. You will be coaching members on the floor, organizing equipment on the fitness floor while providing a welcoming experience.
- Assist members in exercises to minimize injury and promote fitness
- Provide information or resources on general fitness and health issues
- Light cleaning of equipment/machines
- Ability to work a 5 hour shift between the hours of 5:30a 10p
- Organizing fitness area (mats, weights, equipment, etc.)
- Engage and connect with members
- Conduct fitness assessments and equipment orientations
- Attend and participate in all Fitness Department meetings
- Able to lift 45 lbs
- Sell (transfer of enthusiasm) personal training
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals
- Able to prospect or open to learning how prospecting on the fitness floor
- CPR/AED certification (Mandatory)
- Nationally recognized (accredited) Personal Training certification. (Mandatory)
- Four-year degree in Kinesiology, sports medicine or other related field preferred
- 1 2 Years of Personal Training experiences preferred
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Must be organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage time
- Must be able to work as a part of a team
- Must be able to manage conflict situations
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and be willing to seek assistance in solving problems
- Must be able to communicate well in written communication and verbally
- Must be able to cope with potentially demanding members
- Must be able to handle emergency situations
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is intended to be a generalized description of the primary job responsibilities and expectations. Management may change the job responsibilities and expectations based on business requirements. This position description is intended to comply with all known state and federal regulations and includes accommodation re-evaluations.
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.