Location and Job Title:
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Provides outstanding customer services to vendors, employees & contract services; processes purchase orders, invoices and checks; maintains accurate and up-to-date accounts payable system.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: Associate's Degree in accounting or bookkeeping; BA/BS preferred
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: 1+ years AP experience
- Special Skills: Proficient with excel; experienced with a variety of accounting software programs, highly organized and efficient.Able to sit for extended periods of time; able to lift 20 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process purchase orders and payment requests in Microix system and transfer to Abila MIP accounting system daily.
- Research & resolve, within guidelines set by supervisor, discrepancies between invoices & purchase orders and any discrepancies with vendors
- Review vendors' statements as they arrive to ensure all invoices are paid or in the process of being paid. Investigate and resolve unpaid invoices.
- Reconcile JCC VISA, Kroger, Lowes and SuperFleet statements monthly, ensuring all charges have Microix documents before timely payment is made.
- Ensure vendor invoices are paid on time, so as to avoid late fees and to take advantage of discounts.
- Accurately process & mail checks weekly.
- Accurately file all paid invoices weekly; maintain the accounts payable filing system.
- Train and assist staff in Microix entries and operations.
- Maintain vendor contract files, security of vendor W-9 information, and vendor information in accounting system.
- Enter new contract service vendor information into the Ohio New Hire reporting website monthly.
- Maintain check log for auditors. Assist CFO with audit procedures relating to AP.
- Maintain security of all JCC checking account checks.
- File MIP AP reports weekly.
- Reconcile AP general ledger to subsidiary ledger monthly.
- Prepare annual 1099's for reporting to vendors & IRS by January 31 of each year.
- Sort JCC mail and distribute to mailboxes daily.
- Columbus Jewish Day School Quarterly Billing - maintain spreadsheet, copy, invoices, and research questions.
- AP correction batches as needed.
25,000 - 35,000
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.