Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Swim instructor is responsible for conducting swim lessons for multiple clients of different ages and skill levels, including parent/child lessons, private lessons, group lessons and adult lessons. Swim instructor must be prepared to impart their knowledge of swimming in a friendly, encouraging manner, demonstrating skills as needed, and able to work with students of a wide variety of ages and diversity. Instructors must be mature and work as a team member. Instructors must demonstrate superior customer service, problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, show adaptability and flexibility, be dependable, be organized, show initiative and have a quality personality. Must be able to communicate with clients and management staff in a clear and concise manner. For full job description, visit our website: nashvillejcc.org/work
- Possess an American Red Cross WSI certification and/or have previous experience teaching swim lessons to swimmers of various ages. Current Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED/ First Aid for the Professional Rescuer is required. Red Cross lifeguarding certification highly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours with evening, weekend, and holiday work required; ability to appear on time for work; appear to work in professional, approved uniform, looking neat and clean
- Must possess an outgoing personality; treat other with kindness and respect; be courteous and tactful at all times; ability to exercise independent judgement within the limits of the position; ability to make quick decisions and act quickly in rescue situations
- Ability to understand and follow posted rules, procedures and directions. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Attention to details; pride in appearance and work place
- Ability to maintain accurate record keeping, such as, time sheets, client records, lessons schedule, etc.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing that may consist of, but not limited to, a background check, drug screening, and a physical skills evaluation screening.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director, Asst. Aquatics Director, or any other member of the Aquatics and/or JCC leadership team
- Previous experience with swim instruction (and/or coaching) is preferred; however, hardworking, interested candidates can inquire about certification opportunities.
- Access to internet and reliable cell phone is a must for communication with supervisors and clients
The Gordon JCC is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where all are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.