Location and Job Title:
Kings Bay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout assigned property.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchens and dining areas.
- Cleans and disinfects offices and workstations.
- Wipes and dusts surfaces in rooms and cleans mirrors.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
- Stocks soap, toilet paper, and paper towels in bathrooms.
- Picks up and empties trash containers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of employees.
- Sufficient ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English to complete work efficiently, effectively, and courteously.
- High school diploma.
- Two years of maintenance experience.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking and frequently pulling, pushing, and bending.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend or crawl in awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times.
35,000 - 45,000
Inspired by Jewish values and ideas, the Kings Bay YM-YWHA
strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships
and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals,
families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn.
From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a
successful full-service Jewish community center, to our more recent inroads in
Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the
Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.
Kings Bay YM-YWHA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Kings
Bay YM-YWHA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex
(including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or
mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military