Location and Job Title:
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
The Marketing Associate oversees all aspects of organizational marketing, promotion, and advancement at the Y, including program enrollment and the Y's reputation across the community. The Marketing Associates works closely with Program Directors from across the organization to create outreach strategies and to work on printed materials, with the end goal of raising awareness and increasing enrollment.
- Develop and coordinate all marketing activities, including community outreach, printed collaterals, and occasional advertising for the promotion of all Y programs.
- Manage the Y's digital marketing efforts, including the website, social media accounts, and email communications.
- Work with vendors to maintain and update the website and digital signage.
- Responsible for creative items, including producing and sourcing content for promotional photography, videos, and printed materials.
- Ensure consistent branding and messaging throughout the organization for all programs and agency communication.
- Coordinate agency-wide events and promotional opportunities across the community.
- Handle public relations for program departments and agency.
- Lead Camp Twelve Trails' Marketing Committee.
- Supervise and review all output from in-summer Communications Team (Communications Coordinator, Photographer, Videographer), including being at Camp Twelve Trails two days a week during the camp season.
- Perform other program or agencyrelated duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Directly supervise Camp Twelve Trails' full-time and seasonal Communications Team staff members.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full-time position
- Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5:30 pm, with room for flexibility
This position requires extra hours during summer camp, and occasional evenings and
weekends to work on special events.
- Work is performed in a typical community center environment.
Compensation: $50,000 to $60,000
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Able to travel to Camp Twelve Trails multiple times a week during summer
- Occasional travel for offsite programs and training
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Eager and comfortable to learn and model universal Jewish values, while working in and with a large, diverse population.
- Proven planning and organizing skills; can work in a well-planned and organized manner; can follow through multiple deliverables.
- Able to effectively allocate time and resources that reflect institutional goals and priorities.
- Organization and people savvy; can collaborate, influence, forge strong partnerships, and maintain cordial, professional relationships.
- Comfortable dealing with change and fluid environment; flexible and adaptable, especially when faced with challenging situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly and appropriately communicate in a variety of settings and styles.
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite, MS Office applications, social media, and other technology platforms.
- Design (particularly with Microsoft Publisher and the Adobe Creative Suite) and photography/video experience preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Marketing or communications background either in an academic setting or previous work experience
WORK AUTHORIZATION & CLEARANCE
- Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must pass the background check and other pre-employment requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire
Established in 1917, the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood ("the Y") is a not-for-profit Jewish community center that welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs. We offer a wide range of educational, recreational, and social services programs to enhance the quality of life of the people we serve. From topnotch early childhood education and youth development programs to innovative senior center services, there's always something for everyone at the Y!