Location and Job Title:
Manager, Youth & Teen Experiences
Marilyn and Marvin Simon Family Jewish Community Center
5000 Corporate Woods Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Under the direction of the Director of Jewish Innovation, the Manager of Youth and Teen Experiences is responsible for the management of youth and teen engagement provided by the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater and Simon Family JCC including, but not limited to, summer day camp, family celebrations, and PJ Library.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the camp leadership team, including lower camp unit head, upper camp unit head, Yachad director, Lead Specialist, and CIT/Teen Director.
- Recruits, hires and trains camp staff, in coordination with the Director of Human Resources, and camp leadership team members.
- Works with department management in regard to adherence with the camp, family, and teen programs budget to coordinate the procurement of materials necessary for programming.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining parent relationships and communications.
- Implements schedules and procedures for camp operations, orientation, registration, administration of Middle School/BBYO,family, and teen programs, classes, and experiences
- Facilitates and executes all aspectsof the P J Library program
- Under the direction of the Director of Jewish Innovation, collaborates with other UJFT/JCC departments to schedule and coordinate applicable joint programming.
- Leads in providing an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp staff, parents and campers.
- Ensures compliance with all standards set forth by the Virginia Department of Social Services for Summer Day Camp Programs
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- 3 years of management/supervisory experience in working with children, teens or directing a summer camp preferred
- 1 year proven experience in developing Jewish content, social programming for middle school, high school and college age youth
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- Proven leadership & supervisory skills with the ability to train staff
- Follows all safety, First Aid and CPR procedures
- Adhere to timetables for administrative, marketing, budget and recruitment tasks.
- Strong customer service and relationship building focus, and the ability to foster this attitude and skill in others
- Strong knowledge of Israel, Jewish culture, heritage and traditions
- Highly detail-orientated in the ability to plan, organize and implement programs and services
- Expertise in creative program development, implementation and evaluation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of short and long-term planning, budgeting, and program development
- Ability to develop and sustain a team approach; build strong partnerships in an environment of collaboration, both internally and externally with particular emphasis in the Jewish Community
- Ability to adapt communication and interpersonal style to Jewish, Interfaith and general audiences
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the UJFT/JCC
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Willingness to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned
The duties outlined in this job description are meant to be representative, but not all inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the Chief Program Officer or Executive Vice President/CEO.
Submit resume with salary requirement.
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) is firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, non-disqualifying disability or military status.
The Simon Family JCC is dedicated to encouraging tolerance and inclusivity in the community by providing facilities and programs that are open to all. The standards for excellence and inclusivity for its social, recreational, health and educational programs remain rooted in its Jewish values and which remain a guide for all future actions. It stands as a common meeting ground promoting enrichment and unity for the Jewish and general community.
The Simon Family JCC started life as the Tidewater Jewish Community Center in 1952. It was located on Spotswood Avenue in Norfolk from 1952 1966. It then moved to Newport Avenue in Norfolk, where it remained until 2004. In 2004, the current campus in Virginia Beach opened its doors. Throughout its history, the JCC has been a center for the entire community, providing a family-friendly environment where we can all stay healthy, body and mind. We have always been and continue to be an organization guided by our Jewish values and welcoming to all members of the community, regardless of age, faith or background.
From the moment you enter our soaring limestone entry, youll know the Simon Family JCC is more than just a great gym. Members at the JCC have access to:
Comprehensive fitness center
Cybex strength training equipment and free weights
50+ free group fitness classes per week, including Spinning, Zumba, and more
Group and private Pilates sessions
Complimentary lockers, towel service, and amenities
3 heated indoor pools
Steam rooms & saunas for men & women
Indoor gymnasium with basketball courts
Outdoor water park
Outdoor tennis courts and tennis lessons
Free babysitting while you work out
Kid Fit childrens exercise and nutrition classes
Swimming lessons for kids
Five-day-a-week infant and toddler daycare
Enriching before- and after-school care
Summer day camps for toddlers through teens
Cultural & educational programs for children, teens & adults