Location and Job Title:
Kids Club After School Program Group Leader
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
The group leader will work with a group of children, planning and implementing activities in a manner that motivates and engages children and strengthens their academic and social skills.
- Plan and implement activities.
- Develop and maintain an effective system of classroom management that encourages children to develop pro-social behavior and self-discipline.
- Communicate regularly with the Kids Club Office regarding needs for materials and supplies to support the activities.
- Provide homework help as needed.
- Take daily attendance and report absences to the Kids Club Office.
- Report ALL illnesses or injuries to the Kids Club Office.
- Escort groups of children to and from activities throughout the building.
- Supervise children at all times, as their health and safety is ALWAYS the first priority.
- Cell phones and other electronics should not be brought to Kids Club.
- Staff must wear a Kids Club t-shirt while at work.
- Attend staff meetings on a monthly basis or as otherwise indicated.
- Attend and participate in staff trainings that will be offered throughout the year.
- College and/or Graduate student preferred with a background in education or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years working with children is required.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
To Apply Please Submit Cover Letter and Resume
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.