Location and Job Title:
Pilates Reformer instructors
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Assist the JCC community establish, maintain and exceed its fitness goals.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: Nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification required; High school Diploma / GED preferred; CPR/AED required
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum 1-year experience leading group exercise courses
- Special Skills: Provide outstanding customer service, skilled motivator
- Pilates Reformer Certified
- Comfortable teaching classes of up to 5 participants (private sessions optional)
- Specifically looking for someone for Tuesday mornings, but the more availability the better.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage members in conversation; address them by first name; introduce yourself.
- Arrive to class five minutes early; conduct all classes in a safe and effective manner.
- Responsible for turning off stereo equipment at the end of class.
- Responsible for putting away mats, tubes, balls, dumbbells, etc.
- Responsible for picking up towels, water bottles, trash and other items left behind by members after each class.
- Provide all music for class; music will be appropriate; music will not contain expletives or offensive lyrics.
- Cycling instructors are expected to inform their class participants after each ride to wipe down their bikes. Be considerate of all members, both in and out of cycling class, when setting music volume levels.
- All group exercise instructors who teach at least two classes a week on a regular basis and who have been employed by the JCC for at least 9 months are eligible for $50 each fiscal year for continuing education reimbursement.
- Attend new hire orientation during first month of employment.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.