Location and Job Title:
Director of Jewish Life & Family Services
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The JCC's Director of Jewish Life & Family Services will lead a foundational and fundamental department of the JCC. He/she will provide vision, direction, supervision, and support for the day-to-day operations of the Department. Ultimately, the Director is responsible for cultivating and supporting vibrant Jewish life at the JCC. The Director is also tasked with overseeing the creation and facilitation of critical services to the York community's most vulnerable populations, including those individuals and families that require food, transportation, and/or counseling.
- Provide guidance and direction to the JCC's Jewish Life-Family Services Committee and Board of Directors regarding Jewish customs, practices, learning and celebration
- Serve as a resource, collaborator and programmer for Jewish cultural and religious programming.
- Direct the JCC's efforts to provide essential services to the York community's individuals and families in need.
- Oversee client centered social services including education, advocacy, information and referral services, and community collaborations for individuals and families seeking assistance.
- Support and expand the JCC's volunteer services in delivery of programs.
- Steward existing and new relationships with community partners, JCC staff, committees, board and leadership.
- Provide vision and direction to Jewish Life & Family Services Department, identifying key needs and strategic opportunities aligning with the JCC's mission and vision.
- Maintain and deliver department's high-quality, professional programs and services through ongoing assessments and evaluations.
- Develop/find new innovative arts and culture programming based on the Hebrew calendar
- Create/analyze and monitor annual budget regularly to ensure the Department meets projections and collaborate with the JCC's Advancement Department.
- Foster partnerships and collaborations with community Jewish and secular arts and culture organizations and service providers to enhance the scope and reach of programs and services.
- Support and expand the volunteer program of the JCC with the assistance of the HR department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, research, relate and compare data from different sources.Identify and implement possible solutions.
- Ability to coordinate and administer programs/projects/activities and protocols. Ability to manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risk and quality issues associated with programs/services.
- Ability to present information to individuals and groups.Ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community members, volunteers, referral sources and clients.
- Ability to recruit, train, and supervise volunteers providing essential services.
- 5 years of experience in Judaic program development and implementation and program presentation.Proven successful management experience in a JCC, non-profit, or similar agency.
- 2 years of experience working in a social service focused environment, experience interacting with seniors, adults, and families with a variety of social and mental health needs.
- BA/BS degree required.MA/MS degree preferred in Jewish communal services, non-profit management, public administration or related field.
- Strong record of professional commitment and goal achievement
- Demonstrated ability to interact with professional organizations and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise, manage finances, strategically plan and develop impactful programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Additional training, licensure or certification related to care and treatment for older adults.
- Understand/possess an openness to Jewish religion and traditions
- Serve as integral member of the JCC's Leadership Team
- Attend all meetings and events that support the Department's main objectives and responsibilities
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Be familiar with the mission, vision statements, and Core Values of the JCC. Model the Core Values while working and communicating with members and staff
To apply, please send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
$55,000 - $65,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming