Location and Job Title:
Director of Operation & Outreach, JWB Jewish Chaplains Council
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
With an ever-growing agenda and an increasing range of support for Jewish personnel in the military and their families, JWB ** pursues its mission as the premier military support organization of the American Jewish Community.To support this mission, JWB is seeing a passionate and dedicated Director of Operations who is committed to service and the Jewish community and eager to work in a collaborative and team focused environment. The Director of Operations will be responsible for JWB Operations worldwide; direct and expand current JWB programs while creating new, innovative programs and activities in support of Jews in the U.S. military, their families and veterans; and execute the vision of connecting current and past Jewish military personnel and their families to the local Jewish community and the JCC movement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate JWB programs around the world
- Design and implement new programs to meet the spiritual needs of Jewish Armed Forces personnel and their families
- In conjunction with the Director, set program priorities and supporting budgets
- Coordinate recruitment, certification, appointment and training of military lay leaders
- Provide resource materials for the practical implementation of JWB programming
- Plan and coordinate annual chaplains and lay leaders' conference
- Supervise JWB-tasked administrative staff
- Manage JWB Plenum and JCC Association committee meetings
- Develop and implement systematic program of engagement with JCCs for both active service Jewish military personnel and their families and veterans of US military service
- Partner with the development team at JCC Association to advise and assist on all fundraising and grant initiatives related to JWB
- Serve as liaison to outside organizations that provide services to Jewish service members and their families, (i.e. PJ Library, Jewish War Veterans, etc.)
- Create educational materials for use by general Jewish community and military community, related to special projects (National Days of Honor and Remembrance, etc.)
- Serve as acting director of JWB in the absence of the Director.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
- Bachelor degree is required and and advanced degree in a related area
- Senior-level experience in Jewish Non-Profit program development, operations and budgeting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing creative and innovative Jewish programming
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
- No prior military experience required but preferred
- Strong ability to work in a cooperative group environment
$85,000 - $95,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter..