Location and Job Title:
Preschool Afternoon Assistant Teacher
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
Do you feel inspired by young children? Do you believe they are capable and competent learners? Yes? Please continue reading!
We are looking for fantastic educators with early childhood education experience or interested in pursuing the field of early childhood education. Educators will be working with children between ages 2-4 from 1-5 pm (and until 6 pm every other week) in a single classroom. We want you to join our team and learn and grow with us!
Your strengths should include but not be limited to:
- Prioritizing the social and emotional growth of the children.
- Experienced (or willing to learn) with guiding a group of up to 9 preschool children and collaborating openly and effectively with colleagues through exploration, observation, and research with children.
- Able to meet children at their developmental level and provide meaningful experiences relevant to each child.
- Understand that listening and interacting authentically is a basis for positive relationships.
- Positive and energetic attitude for learning new things, opportunities that arise throughout the day, sharing skills and knowledge with colleagues, and a genuine desire to grow in your practice.
- Naturally focused on the process of young children interacting with materials, building life skills, and learning to manage interpersonal relationships.
- Experience in early childhood education preferred. Pursuing college degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
Please review our program online before submitting an application.
The Weinstein JCC is a place where people of all ages and faiths belong. We strive to maintain the highest standards for facilities and programming and offer classes, services and events that contribute to the well-being of the Jewish and Richmond Community.
We're Richmond's home for fitness, aquatics, early childhood education, after-school childcare, summer camps, senior programs, cultural arts, and much more!