Organization: Boulder Jewish Community Center [Boulder JCC]
Job Title: Cherryvale Camp Counselor
10 hours/week, seasonal: October 5 - December 14 on Mondays
Department: Cherryvale Day Camp; Reports to the Assistant Director of Camps and Youth
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Cherryvale Camp Counselor is the keystone of the day camp operations. This position is specifically for our Monday Funday camp programming throughout the school year. Counselors are the first point of contact for our parents and campers and are responsible in largest part for ensuring that day camp is all it can be and more!
Camper and Camp Care
* Supervise groups of campers, acting as guardian, mentor, disciplinarian, and counselor to all campers.
* Maintains a safe and healthy environment for campers, abiding by all camp rules and policies. Assist any camper when needed.
* Sets up, cleans up, and maintains all of the indoor and outdoor camp spaces and equipment.
* Supervises camper participation in structured and unstructured activities.
Maintain Positive Attitudes and Aptitudes
* Enthusiastically participates in all camp programs and activities.
* Is a self-starter and has the ability to work with a minimal supervision
* Works closely with other counselors to ensure camp activities are properly implemented
* Interface with leadership team (Assistant Camp Director, Program Director, Camp Director) as needed
Certifications, Trainings and Additional Responsibilities
* Attend all pre-camp meetings, trainings, and orientations (including CPR/First Aid) while making yourself available for all other related dates, activities, and camp events.
* Responsible for the health, safety, and well-being of ALL campers at ALL times.
* Ensure that all forms and reports are filled out in a timely manner.
* Adhere to goals, mission, and philosophy of Cherryvale Day Camp.
* Completes and obtains all trainings and certifications prior to camp starting.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* No longer enrolled in High School (graduation not required).
* Positive, authentic attitude and a strong desire to work with and serve as a positive role model for children and young adults.
* Professionally receive and respond to feedback and training
* Willingness to work outside during summer months
* Willingness to participate in all camp activities as needed
* Mindful and able to concentrate on tasks at hand
* Responsible, reliable, and punctual.
Thank you for applying to work at Cherryvale Day Camp. Please fill out this application form and someone from the camp staff will contact you shortly. If you have any questions, please contact Ethan Jones at email@example.com or Julia Paeglis at Julia.Paeglis@boulderjcc.org or call 303-998-1900
ABOUT THE BOULDER JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER
The Boulder Jewish Community Center's [Boulder JCC] mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.
In 2016, the Boulder JCC completed building its new 52,000 square foot facility sitting on a beautiful 10-acre campus in East Boulder. As a community convener and one of the central addresses of Jewish life in Boulder County and beyond, the Boulder JCC prides itself on offering a wide array of community programming including one of the best Boulder preschools, day camps, after school classes, and arts and culture programs and serves infants, toddlers, youth, families, teens, young adults, and adults. The new Boulder JCC further fulfills its mission by being a primary destination for all of Boulder County as a place for meetings, celebrations, fundraisers, and other community events.
The staff at the Boulder JCC is hard working, collaborative, passionate, and committed to mission. The team is driven by a desire to serve the community broadly and deeply. The organization continually strives to improve its delivery of content and services with a focus on its values. The Boulder JCC endeavors to hire individuals who are committed to the JCC's values, believe in the power of community, and want to help grow a dynamic organization.