Location and Job Title:
Adult & Senior Program Coordinator
Shalom Orlando Inc
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
Shalom Orlando is currently seeking Adult & Senior Program Coordinator, the main responsibilities include the development of a continuum of programs, lectures, and educational classes for:
Young Adults ages 21-35
Active Adults 35-55
and Seniors 62+
- Implementing and planning a myriad of programs, including but not limited to events, lectures, and classes both onsite and offsite
- Outreach to and recruit program participants.
- Work to create a vibrant community of likeminded adults with true friendships and shared values while developing a program of monthly events through social, educational, service, and religious gatherings.
- Manage registration system and communication including sending confirmation emails, post-event follow-up, and responding to individual concerns/questions.
- Keep up-to-date records of registration and attendance for all programming through Traction Rec.
- Work as part of a team to market and promote each event according to its specific audience and needs.
- Communicate with instructors to assure all needs are met.
- Attend events to serve as a Shalom Orlando liaison.
- Develop and deliver program survey/evaluations strategy and implementation (both internally and for program participants)
- Work with other departments to promote all adult and young professional programs to increase participation and attendance.
- Work with other Shalom Orlando departments on inter-departmental and inter-generational programming
- Work as part of a team for larger Community Wide events, such as, but not limited to:
- Yom Ha'aztmaut
- Attend staff meetings and supervisory meetings.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member and accept guidance and feedback.
- Flexible and effective at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and bring a high level of attention to detail to your work, and to ensure the precise execution of programs and events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and nimble - able to adapt to changing priorities, and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Achievement-oriented, passionate, fun, and responsible
Strong customer service experience and approach
with the ability to interact with the public and staff in a positive,
enthusiastic, and courteous manner and are able to show empathy in your
interactions with those around you.
You are Innovative and grounded. You love trying
new things and devising creative solutions to persistent problems. Most
importantly, you know how to make it happen.
Thrives in an environment where situations
change and adapting to change is second nature.
Proficient with Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Microsoft Outlook Suite
Work Schedule: Monday through
Friday; flexible hours. Weekends, evenings, and holidays as required.
Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the
employee is frequently required to:
Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands
and arms, grasp and twist, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl,
lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Use of computer keyboard.
An understanding of working with
lay leadership and Jewish non-profit structure is helpful.
The Roth Family JCC and The Jewish
Federation of Central Florida have joined together to create a streamlined
organization that motivates, inspires, and connects our Central Florida Jewish
At Shalom Orlando, we believe that
Jewish life exists wherever you are - in your home, out with our friends, or at
one of the many incredible Jewish organizations that support Jewish life in
Central Florida. As a community united, Shalom Orlando seeks to bring Jewish to
the nearly 50,000 other Jews who call Central Florida home.
Shalom Orlando stands at the
intersection of tradition and progress as an enduring community, striving to be
a cultural, educational, recreational, and social center dedicated to serving
$35,000 - $45,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.