Location and Job Title:
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
The Facilities Director oversees all building and grounds maintenance for the campus. The position is responsible for ensuring the facilities are safe, up to code, and fully operational while maintaining the buildings and grounds, overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies, determining and scheduling repairs or renovation projects, and coordinating safety inspections. The Facilities Director is also responsible for managing contractors, supervising campus facilities staff, training new employees, and working with third-party vendors.
- Oversee building maintenance and operational programs:
- ensure the efficiency of all building systems;
- plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments;
- manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards;
- inspect buildings' structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations;
- coordinating campus safety programs;
- maintain a safe work environment for all employees;
- ensuring all processes and compliance programs are met;
- coordinate all maintenance issues and schedules;
- ensure all utility systems are inspected and in accordance with regulations;
- prepare cost estimates for moves, equipment and projects;
- negotiate bids and contracts for third party workers; and
- coordinate building security and maintenance services.
- Manage maintenance of grounds.
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors.
- Manage all property-related vendor contracts, serving as liaison and campus liaison.
- Control property-related activities including, but not limited to, parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security.
- Continually strive toward efficient operations and improvement, performing analysis, forecasting, review, and oversight of consumption (e.g. utilities, supplies, waste, etc.) and work to minimizing costs.
- Prepare operating reports and budgets.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled assigned committee meetings and conference calls, including the Facility Management Board (FMB), FMB subcommittee and FMB Security Committee.
- offer unbiased recommendations and work for the good of the campus organizations and membership.
- respond to communications from chairs and staff liaisons in a timely manner.
- report to committee chairs.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or other relevant position.
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision or related field.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- High school degree; bachelor's degree in engineering, facilities management, business management or related field preferred. Certification in facilities management a plus.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25 to 35 pounds.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and ability to effectively use business productivity software, including Microsoft Office applications, and workplace facility management.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Must be organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and manage time.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team.
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and be willing to seek assistance in solving problems.
- Must be able to communicate well, in written communication and verbally.
- Must be able to accommodate seasonal schedule changes.
- Must be able to effectively and in a timely manner respond to requests from others.
- Must be able to handle emergency and crisis situations.
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.