Summer Camp at the JCC offers camper experiences in both the classic day camp and specialty camp settings for campers in grades K-6. Summer Camp is in session June 22-August 14 with staff training in early June. The Song Leader will be responsible for leading songs at morning flagpole, lunch, Friday Shabbat, and also leading interactive music sessions and movement games for our campers.
Dates of employment: June 22 - August 14, 2020
Orientation Dates (times vary): June 3rd 6-9pm, June 10th-18th Times Vary
1. Lead morning circle and camp Shabbat services.
2. Lead daily music sessions with camp groups.
3. Plan and organize weekly activities.
4. Create a safe, supportive, stimulating and fun environment for campers.
5. Provide continuous, direct supervision during structured and unstructured activities.
6. Practice personal leadership skills.
7. Set clear and consistent limits and resolve behavioral problems with assistance from supervisors.
8. Model appropriate behavior for campers.
9. Additional responsibilities as required.
1. Experience working with children ages 5-15, preferably in a camp setting.
2. Experience in song leading.
3. Knowledge of songs and movement games appropriate for 5 - 8 year olds.
4. Ability to lead a group of campers in song and dance.
5. Knowledge of folk and camp songs.
6. Knowledge of Jewish songs or ability to learn Jewish camp songs.
7. High school graduate and 18 years or older by May 30, 2020 preferred.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.