Location and Job Title:
Clinical Social Worker for Youth - Full Time
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Department Overview: Commonpoint Queens (Samuel Field YM&YWHA) Adult Workforce Department consists of employment and support programs serving individuals predominantly adults 18 and over and opportunity youth ages 16-24. The department provides access to occupational training, education, resources, and support programs for individuals who are motivated to enter the workforce.
Position Details: Commonpoint Queens is seeking to hire a Social Worker for Opportunity Youth to oversee the case management team that will support all participants in the Opportunity Youth portfolio. In addition, the Social Worker will work on developing, intervention plans, intake strategies and psychosocial assessments, that will support a perfect match between participants and programs providing, career pathways, continuum of services including literacy and math instruction, HSE test preparation, work readiness training, college and career exploration, paid work experience, advanced occupational training and industry credential attainment. The goal is to see case management and wrap-around services as the backbone for all participant related services within Opportunity Youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Social Worker will:
- Collaborate in the development of Tier based intervention plans for Opportunity Youth participants.
- Provide supervision to a team of 4 case managers and social work interns.
- Develop Intake strategies and psychosocial assessments that will support the enrollment and placement of participants into various Opportunity Youth Programs.
- for participants Provide comprehensive mental health assessments, individual, and group counseling to program participants.
- Provide crisis intervention when necessary, appropriate referrals, and home visits when needed.
- Facilitate workshops on mental health for both staff and participants.
- Maintain effective communication and rapport with participants, staff, and support systems.
- Conduct care coordination with outside treatment providers/referrals with the goal of improving participants well being and progress.
- Collaborate with support staff to address the individual needs of participants.
- Offer and provide continued case review to support case managers with high-risk cases.
- Provide outside long term referrals when necessary
- Develop systems to support intervention plans and case management for participants and staff.
- Set policy and make decisions regarding major program and participant issues and delegate follow-up as appropriate.
- Identifying participants needs trends to help in the development of resources for participants.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Masters Degree required. LCSW, LMSW, or LMHC
- 3+ years of social work experience with at-risk youth
- Demonstrated ability in young adult development
- 2+ years of proven supervisory experience
- SIFI certification preferred
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds.
- Min of 2 years experience working with Workforce, Literacy and or Education funded programs.
- Must have experience and strong knowledge of NY's of Health and Human Services, Housing and more related areas.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish )
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.