Location and Job Title:
Part-Time Marketing & Communications Coordinator
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Part-Time Marketing & Communications Coordinator supports the Marketing Department in executing and monitoring marketing and communications strategies.This role reports to the Marketing Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- Update websites with information about upcoming programs and events.
- Create social media posts and manage social media accounts.
- Craft emailsas requested by the Marketing Manager.
- Update slides on the lobby display screen with information about sponsors and events.
- Facilitate mailings and print jobs by coordinating between JSV departments and external vendors and printers.
- Post upcoming JSV events on free community calendars.
- Support the Art Director with the internal servers of marketing materials, logos, photos and graphics.
- Occasionally take photos of Jewish Silicon Valley events and programs for marketing purposes, in collaboration with the rest of the marketing team and Jewish Silicon Valley staff.
- Occasionally assist at community and public relations events -- for example, helping at the welcome table at a JSV community holiday celebration, or at the JSV booth at a Los Gatos summer outdoor festival.
- Work efficiently, effectively, and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands, tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests, and changing priorities.
- Work collaboratively with agency staff members/teams to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, at least 2 years prior experience with online and social media marketing platforms
- Real work experience v. classroom
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with others, other departments within the organization and with other organizations and entities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain confidential information at all times
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, proficient in Google Suite; documents, calendar, email, et al
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Work in a Fitness Center/Community Center and typical business office environment
- Lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Work traditional and non-traditional business hours; to include occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Work on computer for an extended period of time
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
25,000 - 35,000
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.