Location and Job Title:
Chief Financial Officer
Ronald Gardenswartz JCC of Greater Albuquerque
5520 Wyoming Blvd
Albuquerque, NM 87109
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICERThe Jewish Community Center of Albuquerque, JCC, has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Officer, CFO. The CFO is responsible for all financial operations and for providing advice and leadership.This individual is a key member of the upper level management/leadership team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Key Tasks include:
Responsible for the supervision of accounting/payroll specialist
- Responsible for the overall management of the organization's financial functions.
- Ensuring accurate and timely bank account and general ledger reconciliations.
- Shares responsibility for agency operating and capital budgets
- Reviews contracts and major expenditures to ensure that the highest quality and lowest cost for goods and services is being obtained and to ensure adherence to existing policies of the agency.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least 5 years accounting experience in a business setting and in a leadership role.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive in anticipating budget shortfalls and cash/fund-raising needs.
- Innovative and resourceful with ability to exercise initiative and to adapt to change.
- Proficient in Quick Books, Enterprise and Excel; and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to develop a positive, professional working relationship with staff, Board members, Members and other stakeholders.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background check
- Master's Degree in business, accounting or related field preferred
- Current CPA preferred.
- Experience in a finance role in a non-profit setting and working with a board of directors preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of accounting/payroll/time keeping systems helpful.
65,000 - 75,000
The JCC of Greater Albuquerque, founded in 2000, is a non-profit organization, open to all ages and stages of life, regardless of religious affiliation. The JCC mission is to Enrich and inspire the entire community by offering quality, multi-generational fitness, wellness, cultural, recreational, social, and educational programs in a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment that is respectful to all. The JCC has modern fitness and athletic facilities, outdoor aquatics center and an early childhood education center on its 10-acre campus. The JCC runs a wide variety of community, educational, recreational and social service programs.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a community and family-oriented organization that offers an accepting, supportive environment with the highest standards of service to our members and to the community in which we live and work.