Location and Job Title:
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches, Boynton Beach
8500 Jog Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33472
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a Graphic Designer to contribute to the overall Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches' creative strategy development and execution. We're looking for an experienced graphic designer to be responsible for brainstorming, conceptualizing, designing and producing on-brand visuals for print, websites and other interactive marketing deliverables. The ideal fit is a self-starter who is able to prioritize the workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and produce graphic communications for various projects and initiatives including but not limited to program guides, brochures, flyers, invitations, direct mailings and posters.
- Work well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities.
- Work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency.
- Apply and maintain company identity and branding standards.
- Conceptualize creative and cost-effective graphic design solutions for a variety of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Determine the size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and create sample layouts as needed.
- Ensure all creative images fit within the brand messaging and is directed at the target audience.
- Inspect and evaluate finished products for print and color consistency, print quality, and content and suggest improvements as needed.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of privileged information.
- Any additional duties assigned by Marketing Manager.
- Bachelor's degree, Art School degree, sufficient technical training or sufficient related work experience required.
- Minimum two years' experience designing websites and print materials.
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS; WordPress is a strong plus for this role.
- Knowledgeable in developing visual standards and best practices for a web project.
- Familiar with EPS, TIF, PDF, and Postscript.
- Extremely detail-oriented, well-organized with the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Willingness to receive feedback, constructive criticism, and collaborate with event programmers on projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: able to take direction but ask the right questions in order to get the job done correctly and on time.
- Excellent visual and written communication skills as well as organizational, planning, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills required.
- Willingness to participate in professional development activities to enhance skills & keep current on new developments in the field.
- Ability to project manage and deliver in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to work independently, follow through on assigned tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting performance requirements, such as attendance standards and work deadlines.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
Interested in Joining Us?
Please complete our standard job application: https://form.jotform.com/200426303459146
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.