Location and Job Title:
Head Teacher, part time
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The JCC Preschool at Greenwich Reform Synagogue is currently
accepting applications for our growing Preschool and Toddler program. We are
seeking Early Childhood Educators to join a dynamic team of educators who have
a love and passion for children. We are a play based, high quality program
which provides a rich early learning experience based on values and traditions.
- Head teachers will develop and implement the Preschool program along established curriculum guidelines, while providing a safe, nurturing, and positive classroom environment.
- The head teacher works with the assistant teacher collaboratively to achieve teaching and learning goals
- Expectations of Preschool teachers are to be kind, professional, helpful, self-starters, and creative.
- Design plans to meet the individual needs of each child in order to reach their maximum potential. Preschool teachers need to adapt easily to changing situations and be the leader in the classroom
- Plan activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practices, and program philosophy
- Create and maintain a positive physical and emotional educational environment
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Interact verbally and non-verbally with children during the day, at meal/snack times, and outside
- Create detailed lesson plans according to established curriculum and weekly calendars.
Part time Monday- Friday 9am-2pm
Position is for the school year (10 months) but opportunity for summer work
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Communicate regularly with the Director
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Participate in school social, community, and family education programs
- Monitor growth and development of each child and communicate with parents and Director
- Hold parent teacher conferences as needed/requested
Head Teacher Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or related field from an accredited college or university
- One year of programmatic experience in the group education of preschool age children
- Strong communication skills: oral, reading, and writing
- Ability to relate to young children and adults
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of young children and ability to utilize this information in the classroom
- Ability to act independently in the classroom setting
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Desire for continued development of teaching skills, including collaboration with specialists
- Judaic knowledge or willingness to acquire
25,000 - 35,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.