Location and Job Title:
Jewish Life Program Assistant Job Duties (15 hours per week)
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
Assistant to the Director of Jewish Life.Job duties will include:
- Working closely with director to enhance and run Jewish programming and holiday celebrations within the building
- Full working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is necessary
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer software (Spectrum, which is JCC member management, course registration and fee processing system)
- Create schedules for Melton and Hebrew classes, in coordination with supervisor; make all necessary room reservation for classes within JCC building
- Handling all class registrations, communications with adult students, invoice and purchase order generation
- Keeping organized records/lists of all purchase orders; follow up with accounting department when necessary
- Uploading Melton class recordings and forward to student(s) upon request
- Creating up-to-date contact lists and forward to Director; maintain and update Outlook contact lists for director
- Keeping in contact with marketing department regarding updates to website and class updates
- Preparing flyers and mass emails related to Adult Jewish Education and Jewish programming
- Running a community supported agriculture program in summer months; being available 2:00-6:00 pm each Thursday for 12 weeks to supervise program pick-up
- Attend (usually) once- a- month Ops Calendar meeting with other JCC department representatives
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.