Location and Job Title:
Director of Marketing
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
Overall supervisory and hands-on responsibility for all marketing, advertising and public relations emanating from the agency. Creative force in development of high profile image for the agency. Responsible for marketing JCC programs, services and events; media relations; community outreach; email marketing; direct marketing; all print publications including copy editing and approval; and consumer and market research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement marketing and communications long-term strategies and plan to increase brand awareness and create an image of excellence for all JCC programs.
- Serve as the primary resource and support for marketing and promotional activities across the organization and all departments.
- Meet with department heads to determine marketing needs and work with them to develop marketing strategies within budget constraints.
- Design and develop an e-marketing strategy and oversee production of e-letter.
- Develop organization's collateral materials, including but not limited to brochures, newsletters, e-blasts, press kits.
- Write, edit, produce and coordinate distribution of collateral materials.
- Prepares, writes, revises, edits, and proofreads a wide range of corporate, program-specific and promotional materials.
- Supervision of regular updates, maintenance, tracking, reporting and expansion of the JCC web site.
- Conducting periodic media briefings and informational sessions with key reporters.
- Communicate with current members through a strategic print, email and medial communications plan.
- Coordinate with Department Heads to develop and circulate materials
- Creates and manages the development, implementation and maintenance of writing and editorial standards for all publications to ensure consistency of style, language, and editorial quality.
Media Community Relations
- Develop and cultivate media contacts.
- Identify opportunities to promote JCC in media, including the preparation of press releases & feature articles.
- Develops story ideas or thematic approaches for major publications and newsletters, etc.
- Overseeing community outreach, media relations, marketing communications, direct marketing and e-mail marketing.
- Work with the JCC committee and staff to:
- Develop and create high quality overall JCC image
- Formulate agency marketing plan
- Formulate and work within marketing budget
- Staff JCC Marketing Committee and liaison as necessary to other JCC Committees as well Board of Directors
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the programming and facilities of all of the branches of the JCC.
- Understand and deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Attending weekly management staff meetings, Board meetings as requested and other meetings as necessary; responsible for producing regular reports.
- B.A. in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or appropriate equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in marketing and/or communications including project and staff management
- Proven ability to manage creation and production of broad variety of materials on diverse spectrum of subjects in engaging and imaginative style
- Demonstrated examples of writing aimed at a wide variety of readerships and market sectors and exceptional editing and proofreading skills, ability to work within established style guidelines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills working with colleagues and clients
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of publication budget planning and monitoring
- Superior computer skills including MS Office software essential
- Self-starter; ability to work independently based on agreed-upon organization objectives
- Ability to work well in a team environment
MARJCC is a warm, inclusive
organization that is dedicated to building community and serving others. Our
branding tagline is "LiveMore@MARJCC" and we are seeking a marketing
professional who will make motto their mission in developing and
implementing our marketing and communications programs.The Director of Marketing
will work with senior management, a small outsourced creative team and across
the organization to create effective marketing campaigns for each department.
Marketing departments include our new fitness center as well as a thriving
preschool and numerous after school programs as well as an array of sports and
enrichment programs for adults and youth of all ages.