Location and Job Title:
Camp Counselor and Specialist Summer Jobs 2021
Galbut Family Miami Beach JCC on the Simkins Family Campus
4221 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140
What We Need:
The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is looking for energetic and motivated camp counselors and specialists to work with children ages 3-13. If you enjoy leading activities, inspiring children and having fun, we are looking for you!
Camp runs from Monday, June 14th - Friday, August 20th
What We Offer:
- Stipend up to $420/week based on experience (opportunities to make more available)
- Bi-Weekly Pay Schedule
- Free Lunch/Snack Daily
- Free Parking
- Free Fitness Usage/Basketball Gym/Racquetball/Turf Field
- Access to Group Fitness Classes
- Access to Pool and Waterfront
- Participation in Daily Activities (Art, Music, Yoga, Drama, Field Day Etc.)
- Onsite Entertaiment
- Work Experience
- Free Staff Training/Workshops
- End of Summer Staff Appreciation Fest
What You Will Be Responsible for:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee an assigned group of 10 -15 campers during the camp day to ensure the safety of the children.
- Assist and participate in the development and implementation of activities for campers.
- Be a role model to campers and staff by maintaining a positive attitude when interacting with campers.
- Work as a team with your co-counselors and specialists.
- Be available during the entire camp day, 8:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Attend required staff meetings and pre-camp trainings.
Our Commitment to Safety:
- COVID-19 check-in (Temperature check/ Health Assessment)
- Mask Requirement throughout the facility
- Enforcement of COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures for Staff and Guest Safety
- Camp Nurse on site daily
25,000 - 35,000
Who We Are: The Miami Beach Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Our goal is to provide quality programming to the community in everything from Children's Enrichment and After-school programming to Summer Camp; Fitness to Aquatics; Sports to parenting classes; Adult Educational programs to Arts & Cultural events and more. We strive to employ the most qualified persons and continue to provide them with the support and encouragement needed in order for them to continue to develop and grow professionally as well as assist the MBJCC reach its goals in customer service and satisfaction