Location and Job Title:
JCC of Mid-Westchester
999 Wilmot Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Position Summary: The Housekeeper is a key member of our Facilities team who will help provide a safe and clean environment inside and outside of the Community Center.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Cleaning, dusting, mopping, waxing or washing floors, windows and fixtures within building and grounds of the facility.
- Preparing rooms for activities including furniture moving, arrangement, placement of equipment, etc.
- Removing or emptying rubbish cans and other refuse including collection of rubbish on the exterior of the building.
- Removing snow from sidewalks and salting.
- Related duties as assigned; assist in receipt of deliveries, setup of outside rentals.
- Daily completion of Housekeeping Duties check-off list.
- Other duties or areas as assigned by the supervisor.
- Excellent, demonstrated experience with room set ups, cleaning, and general housekeeping duties in an institutional setting, preferably a school setting or house of worship.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Absolutely essential is a demonstrated attitude of flexibility with changing needs/demands within the context of the job and have a bright and cheerful disposition, since there is much contact with our membership. ? Punctual and reliable attendance in accordance with schedule.
- Good customer service skills and positive energy.
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions and set-ups.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with the team, taking instruction/guidance and offering assistance willingly.
- Ability to work independently, as needed, to support the group effort. ? Strong knowledge of cleaning products and best practices for using products and equipment, such as floor stripping and buffing machinery, vacuums, sanitizers. ? The work requires routine walking, standing, bending, carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasional work on ladders.
- Moving items over fifty pounds utilizing a team lift.
- Must be available to work the Required Schedule below:
Mon-Thurs 2 PM - 10 PM
Sunday 8 AM - 4 PM
JCC Mid-Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Experience with light maintenance work is a plus
$35,000 - $45,000
The JCC of Mid-Westchester (JCCMW) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing cultural, social, educational, recreational/fitness programs, human services and Jewish identity-building opportunities to people of all ages and backgrounds. JCCMW programs serve people through all stages of life: young children, teens, adults, and seniors. JCCMW has served the greater Westchester community since 1955 and is located on the border of New Rochelle, NY and Scarsdale, NY. This dynamic, engaging community center serves over 10,000 people each year.