Location and Job Title:
Hebrew Educational Society
9502 Seaview Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11236
Facilities Director is a full-time position available for immediate hire in Canarsie, Brooklyn. Reporting to the Executive Director, The Facilities Manager's responsibilities include supervision and scheduling of the maintenance crew as well as ensuring that the building, systems and grounds are maintained to the highest standard. H.E.S. has many project in the queue that will be executed over the next year. In addition to supervising the daily maintenance, there will be a lot of special project management happening as well.
To apply email cover letter and resume to annab@theHES.org
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements and support the building by coordinating with administrators and engineers, with local/state/federal staffs, tradesmen, technicians, vendors, and other persons in a position to understand maintenance requirements
- Supervise, direct and schedule the daily responsibilities of the maintenance crew
- Ensure that the housekeeping and porter services are maintained
- Responsible for budgeting, payroll and inventory of maintenance supplies and staff
- Test and maintain proper water quality for the swimming and diving pools in the URI Aquatics Center
- Oversees the procurement, safe storage & use and inventory of all pool chemicals, cleaning supplies, garbage bags/containers, paper products, tools, replacement parts/equipment, feeders, filters, etc.
- Maintains pool product documentation and operation manuals for all equipment in a well-organized filing system
- Maintains maintenance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees and by planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Assures the training, annual evaluation, and discipline of maintenance employees
- Identifies requirements for an annual maintenance budget, preparing recommendations for capital and renovation expenditures, scheduling expenditures, coordinating projects with the purchasing office, analyzing variance, initiating corrective action, and anticipating long-term issue
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
- Must have the ability to report, verbal and written, the monthly financials and operations of the maintenance department
- Must be outgoing, personable and professional
- Must be detail oriented, well organized and have the ability to multitask
- Must have the necessary certificates as mandated by the FDNY and all other licensing agencies of the H.E.S. Community Center or be certified within 3 months of hire.
- Must hold a Pool Operator's Certification or be certified within 3 months of hire
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- The Facilities Manager must be able to adhere to the H.E.S. Staff Policies as written in the H.E.S. Staff Handbook
- Must have a valid and clean N.Y.S. Driver's License
- Must be familiar with the use of power tools and have knowledge of general handyman level repairs
- Have the ability to perform all aforementioned responsibilities including lifting, bending, and carrying
$75,000 - $85,000
The Hebrew Educational Society, a thriving multi-service, comprehensive community center located in southeast Brooklyn, provides a diverse array of programs and services within a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment that is inclusive of people of all ages and ability levels. Programs include Early Childhood, After School, Camps, Athletic and Aquatic Activities, Older Adults and a robust portfolio of programs for people with disabilities.