Location and Job Title:
Business Manager, Camp Chi
300 Revere Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
Here for summer. Home for life. Each and every summer, the magic happens for over 1,200 campers. Camp Chi's 600 acres become a place where the shy walk away from their shadows. The cool learn to be warm. The uncertain seize adventure. And strangers become lifelong friends.
For nearly a century - Camp Chi has transformed children's summers. We unplug them from the stress and technology of their daily lives and plug them into life-changing moments. A soccer player takes the stage. An artist reaches the high ropes. Everyone becomes fluent in kindness and friendship. And the camp becomes a community as they celebrate Shabbat and discover the spirit of Israel has a home in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.
The Business Manager is responsible for efficiently facilitating all administrative and business operations related to the Resident Camp department (Camp Chi and Perlstein Retreat Center).The Manager is responsible for providing oversight, coordination and "best practice" systems and, as a key liaison with the agency staff, customers, and the community, providing the very highest level of customer service.
Key Job Duties:
- Serve as lead staff member of the Resident Camp administrative team.
- Work with supervisor and Financial Manager to develop and remain compliant with administrative budgets, especially in relation to payroll, program pricing, transportation, purchasing, and supplies.
- Play active role in interviewing, hiring, and training seasonal administrative staff: work with Operations Coordinator to create and oversee formal evaluation of summer administrative staff.
- Manage all business operations for Resident Camp Department.
- Serve as Resident Camp IS Liaison for equipment needs, troubleshooting, coordination of set-up and take down and communicating system requirements.
- Manage the processing of all seasonal summer staff and year-round part time hires.
- Work with HR to coordinate and process all hiring for the department.
- Reconcile daily financial reports and bank deposits.
- Oversee and manage collection of fees for all Resident Camp programs.
- Prepare invoices for all Perlstein rental groups.
- Process payments for Perlstein rentals and programs.
- Manage seasonal staff payroll chart and adhere to payroll processing deadlines.
- Code and submit all invoices and track for reporting.
- Provide credit card management for resident camp staff.
- Manage camper trip account.
- Manage and distribute summer payroll.
- Coordinate Social Security visits for international summer staff.
- Serve as visa coordinator and point person for international summer staff.
- Serve as liaison to families, Federation and Foundation for Jewish Camp staff in the administration of the One Happy Camper scholarship process.
- Be a champion user in the set up and implementation of Agency databases, such as Salesforce, CampMinder, Event Manager, Ultipro, H and H purchasing. Train and support staff.
- Play an instrumental role in the sales of all camp programs (day and residential); be knowledgeable about Agency programs to cross sell. Refer questions to the appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Management or related required
- 5+ year's previous business/administrative experience including process & procedure development and implementation.
- Demonstrated success managing business operations (bookkeeping, budgets and business process & procedure).
- Experience working in a highly customer-focused environment required; experience in a camping environment preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a highly customer-focused environment; experience within a camping environment highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago's Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and databases with the ability to learn other technology as needed; proficiency with CampMinder and /or Salesforce preferred.
- Experience managing and reporting out of databases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with various members of the community in a friendly, courteous manner.
- A strong team player with the willingness and ability to go above and beyond.
- Must have strong ability for follow up and follow through.
- Must be HIGHLY organized and detail oriented.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various JCC locations and be at Camp Chi for the summer.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license for at least 24 months, proof of auto insurance (with a minimum $250,000 liability).
55,000 - 65,000
Our GPS is set to J.
We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.
With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in very life we touch.
Led by our dynamic and forward-thinking Executive Team, JCC Chicago enriches lives and builds community through vibrant, meaningful experiences. We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in every life we touch.
JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in over 15 diverse locations across the metropolitan area.Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.