Location and Job Title:
Assistant Operations Coordinator, Flex-Time
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Addison-Penzak JCC (APJCC) Assistant Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations with the coordination and implementation of programs, assisting with facility rentals and assisting with agency programs and/or events as necessary. Additionally, the Operations Coordinator will look for opportunities to contribute to assisting members/customer service requests and support all APJCC departments and assist facilitating APJCC Membership events, as needed.
Essential Functions and Skills
- While Operations Administrator is away, the Assistant Operations Coordinator is responsible for filling in the open shifts at the APJCC Service Desk Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Resolve member issues that come to the Service Desk
- Ensure current staff contact lists are prominent at the service desk for all employees
- Make and distribute monthly shift schedules for Service Desk
- Update and maintain the Service Desk manual. Assure all Service Desk employees are informed and up to date on its contents.
- Be the center "goodwill" ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop professional relationships and encourage member referrals
- Be knowledgeable about all programs, services and activities offered at the APJCC, ensure materials information and knowledge of all programs are accessible for all Service Desk employees & members.
- Maintain clean, safe, orderly, and well stocked Service Desk including the inventory, sales and display of Pro Shop items within budgetary guideline.
- Promote community center services and programs
- Work together as a team with all APJCC departments
- Assist in the overall coordination of all agency programs and activities in cooperation with program and support staff.
- Assist in the recruitment, coordination and implementation of all facility rentals
- Maintain EMS, as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, making sure room signs are posted and updated daily, book occasional meetings, and update staff contact information as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Operations as needed for planning and implementations of APJCC programs and events. This includes, but is not limited to events such as, a major annual fundraiser event, Specialty Sports Camp, and Seasonal (Winter Spring) and Summer Camps).
- Plan, implement and work the APJCC Annual Staff Holiday Party and APJCC Staff BBQ.
- Plan, implement and work the Operation Department's Float Night (1 of 3 that happen over the summer months).
- Train and onboard new "Manager on Duty's (MOD's)" for both internal and external events. Also, will need to maintain a training binder with policies and procedures.
- Maintain storage areas and inventory on program supplies for the Operations Department for events and rentals.
- Customer-facing responsiveness to member issues as they arise at the Service Desk and/or in daily rounds to different areas of the center such as the locker rooms, Fitness Center, pool, basketball gym, soccer field, Fitness Studios, auditorium and preschool/Club J.
- Assisting with the Youth and Camp Department, as needed, per instruction of the Director of Operations. This includes, but is not limited to, running the Fun & Fitness with Friends program, Camp Shalom assistance and Seasonal Camps.
- Oversee (with the help of Human Resources) and conduit for all volunteers at the APJCC. Assures the legalities of the following (include but not limited to); registrations, Livescans, work permits, school credit processes, scheduling needed for volunteering for Operation Department events.
- Must be able to work non-traditional business hours, including weekends/evenings and APJCC Events.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- High school graduate
- 2-4 College year degree (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years' experience delivering high level customer service and/or relevant service industry experience
- Demonstrated high level communication skills in English - verbally and written
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Manage emergency situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, proficient on Google docs, Gmail and Calendar.
- Basic accounting skills - to include reporting, expenses
- This position is contingent upon completion and clearance of a background fingerprint assessment.
- Food Handler's Certificate preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Work involves moderate exposure to occasional unusual elements, or extreme temperatures
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs
- Available to work non-traditional business hours - will require evenings, weekends, and special event shifts.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and Livescan assessment.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.