Location and Job Title:
Office manager/Administrative assistant
Kings Bay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Preschool Office Manager
Full-Time, Temporary, Non-Exempt; 10:00-6:00 M-F plus occasional weekend responsibilities as assigned
- Provide general office supervision and assistance to the Site Director making sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently day-to-day.
- Greet and assist parents, community members, and other guests who enter the building, ensuring compliance with security procedures and visitor sign-in/out.
- Maintain and update filing and record-keeping systems, with particular focus on compliance with Articles 47 and 48 requirements for staff and students.
- Provide daily coverage in the after-care program (3:00-6:00 pm) and be available for occasional/substitute daytime classroom coverage.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries about the school and JCC Brooklyn Summer Camp enrollment and tours.
- The primary point of contact for afternoon and weekend renter relationships [once those are reestablished], maintaining all communication about scheduling, payments, and room usage.
- Represent JCC Brooklyn at community events, school and camp fairs, and other promotional opportunities as needed.
- Marketing and Social Media- Assist with the recruitment and enrollment process by preparing informational packets for parent tours, posting about all JCC Brooklyn programs on social media, including but not limited to Facebook groups, io groups, JCC Brooklyn individual pages as well as on Instagram, plus distributing promotional materials to neighborhood locations. Creating marketing materials including flyers.
- Make sure the website is up to date.
- Oversee logistics arrangements for community holiday events including registration and promotion, ordering of food and supplies, hiring additional staff, and set-up/clean-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Degree
Great communication skills
$25,000 - $35,000
JCC Brooklyn - Windsor Terrace is a community space that connects, uplifts, and inspires. It is a Jewish Community Center with, and without, walls. We welcome everyone from all religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds as we provide a wide array of programs for children and families to explore Jewish culture, values, holidays and Israel through music, storytelling, art, Hebrew, and food.
We offer early childhood programs, summer day camps, after school and other fun and engaging programs for families. Programs take place around the neighborhood and many are free of charge. We also offer family-friendly weekend activities for kids of all ages.