Location and Job Title:
Social Media Coordinator
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Please apply externally at https://www.jccsf.org/about/careers/
The JCCSF welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, and abilities. While we're proud to be an organization committed to Jewish culture and traditions, we also embrace and celebrate the diversity of our staff, participants, and the San Francisco community. Bring your enthusiasm, your openness, and your talents - everyone is welcome here.
The Jewish Community Center of San Francisco is in the Laurel Heights neighborhood of San Francisco and has programs that include a 45,000 square foot Fitness Center, three preschools, school-aged programs, as well as Jewish Life and Arts & Ideas events. The social media coordinator at the (JCCSF) is a pivotal member of the marketing team. In addition to our website and email, social media is the digital front door where we welcome people in SF and beyond to learn about new opportunities to engage with us and come together to explore, connect, and flourish.
Reporting to the Director of Web & Social, this position is tasked with developing content for the JCCSF's Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts to increase and drive engagement for all the various programs that take place in-person, offsite and online. The data and insights that are collected will be vital to the success of our overall content marketing strategy.
- Create engaging on-brand content each day promoting the JCCSF's onsite and offsite programs, events, and activities
- Capture new photo and video content as needed
- Choose on-brand photos from our existing photo library
- Be comfortable behind and in front of the camera - this position requires capturing stories, going live on Facebook/Instagram, talking to, and interacting with members and participants
- Stellar emoji selection abilities and a strategic use of hashtags
- Manage the social media calendar across all accounts
- Draft, schedule and publish posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter in our smart, authentic, and spirited brand voice
- Work with Graphic Designer to present ideas and brainstorm creative concepts
- Interact with our community by responding to post comments and questions across all platforms in a friendly, engaging manner
- Brainstorm and execute social-first creative campaigns that will support and promote seasonal programmatic priorities including holidays, fundraising and other activities
- Analyze and report on social performance metrics
- Stay up to date on current social media trends and advise participation based on brand goals
- 2+ years of experience managing social media channels for a non-profit, local business, company, or brand
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is also acceptable
- Working familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube features and capabilities
- Strong ability to write, edit and proofread persuasive and appealing marketing copy
- Superb organizational and project management skills and proven success in project management. Strong ability to thrive while managing tight deadlines, multiple simultaneous projects, and numerous clients
- Photography and basic photo editing skills
- Social-first video and basic video/reels editing skills
- Familiarity with Sprout Social or similar content management systems
- Ability to travel to the JCCSF at 3200 California Street, Rosenberg Early Childhood Center in the Inner Richmond, Brotherhood Way Preschool in Lake Merced, and events throughout San Francisco as needed
Benefited, non-exempt, collective bargaining unit position.
Collective bargaining unit classification
Regular schedule Monday - Friday; weekend/evening hours may be required for special events and programs.
Health & Safety: In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have questions.
$45,000 - $55,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).