Location and Job Title:
Group Exercise Instructor
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
Summary: The Group Exercise Instructor at the PJCC will teach individually scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; in addition to providing adequate warm-up, exercises, cool down and stretches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrates exercises with proper form and watches students carefully while helping the members who need additional instruction to do the exercises or choreography correctly
- Educates members on fitness, safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants
- Ensures that safety standards and center policies are followed.
- Reports to group exercise manager any issues with equipment in the studios.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Competencies:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Must be able to teach modifications.
- Ability to create a safe, effective and fun class using choreography/movement patterns and music.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members. Willing to be part of a team and assist in creating a strong team of instructors.
- Must be able to teach 80% of all classes assigned to instructor.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Group Exercise Instructor Certification is preferred (ACE, AFAA or equivalent); additional specialty/certifications are a plus.
- Two-years' experience preferred, but not always necessary.
- Must possess CPR certification. If not CPR certified, instructor must be CPR certified within two months of being hired.
- The employee must be able to move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must have a high degree of energy, be physically fit enough to have the endurance to complete the workout.
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.